Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

DSM Won't Start

Old 11-30-2007, 06:02 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
krazdracer has disabled reputation
Default Re: DSM Won't Start

Originally Posted by Donnyspeed
EFI module
Would that control the ignition as well ????
Old 11-30-2007, 07:07 PM
Registered Member

QUICKVIII has disabled reputation

Coils, fuel pump, injectors and sensors are powered up through the "ASD" relay (automatic shut down relay). Check to see if it is triggered or if it is check voltage output from it. From memory it is on the firewall on the left side under hood. If it isn't there hit me up, I'll check the book and pin it down for ya. Sounds like it is in that circut.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:07 PM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

power transistor problem. its the ignitor, ignition module, whatever you want to call it. located under the coil on the side of the intake manifold. i have seen the plug installed upside down before, just check into it.
Old 12-01-2007, 05:43 AM
Slowest HRC Member

BAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond reputeBAD4DR has a reputation beyond repute

TPS Voltage?
Source should be 5V. If it's not, it's most likely the ECU.

Caps go bad in the ECU. (You can see them oozing on the board.) Catch it early, it's fixable. Catch it a little later, it eats the board, shorts out the IC's, and burns up the IC's on the board. At that point, it's not repairable.

So, Take a look and tell me.
Old 12-27-2007, 10:48 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by HondaRules!
TPS Voltage?
Source should be 5V. If it's not, it's most likely the ECU.

Caps go bad in the ECU. (You can see them oozing on the board.) Catch it early, it's fixable. Catch it a little later, it eats the board, shorts out the IC's, and burns up the IC's on the board. At that point, it's not repairable.

So, Take a look and tell me.
well i took out the Ecu and everything looks fine no shorts and no "oozy" caps. all the conections looked fine to.
Will check the asd in a minute and get back to you
Old 12-28-2007, 12:12 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Have fun looking for an ASD relay that isn't there.

If the car turns over, check the following:

CAS
Ignitor
Coil Pack
All relays
All Fuses
Coolant temp sensor
MPI relay
MPI Fuse

There are only 3 things that will cause no spark and only 2 things that will cause no fuel injection. And only one thing that directly fails both.

Also I assume since you said you check the coils that it's a 2.0 (since the 1.8 had distributor)
Old 12-28-2007, 04:06 PM
Registered Member

ya i never heard of it so i looked for it, then looked in the book, and looked on the internet and nothing so i kinda threw it away..

I checked all fuses
all relays
coolant temp sensor
Cas(no voltage)
i'll check the rest tomorrow
Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
Have fun looking for an ASD relay that isn't there.

If the car turns over, check the following:

CAS
Ignitor
Coil Pack
All relays
All Fuses
Coolant temp sensor
MPI relay
MPI Fuse

There are only 3 things that will cause no spark and only 2 things that will cause no fuel injection. And only one thing that directly fails both.

Also I assume since you said you check the coils that it's a 2.0 (since the 1.8 had distributor)
Old 12-28-2007, 11:31 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

remove your CAS and all 4 spark plugs. Lay them across the valve cover above each cylinder such that you'd be able to see them spark. have them connected to the plug wires. turn the CAS by hand with the ignition turned to on and listen for the fuel pump and watch for spark.
Old 12-29-2007, 06:20 AM
Registered Member

remove your CAS and all 4 spark plugs. Lay them across the valve cover above each cylinder such that you'd be able to see them spark. have them connected to the plug wires. turn the CAS by hand with the ignition turned to on and listen for the fuel pump and watch for spark.
i have no power to the CAS and no spark(had my dad look when i turned the motor over) will do though and tell ya.
thanks guys
Old 12-29-2007, 08:23 AM
Registered Member

i can't hear the fuel pump, no spark,(with the CPs off and spinning it with my hand with the ignition on). QUICKVIII mentioned a MPI rlay but i can't track it down. Nothing in the book shows it. Anything???

Quick Reply: DSM Won't Start