Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

DSM guysss

Old 02-02-2010, 05:31 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
99GST has disabled reputation
Default DSM guysss

I'm new to the area, moved here from South Dakota. I live in Yorktown. I am looking for a shop near me that could pull out a couple studs seized in my turbo(Unless someone wants to be a pal and do it for me for a really cheap price). I am also looking for a 20g because money is tight right now. Unless someone could help me find a cheap turbo set up(Manifold, turbo, o2 housing, ext wastegate).

So what i would like to know is a
Good Turbo Shop
Good place to buy used turbos
A good solid dyno place that is not expensive. I have DSM Link and got a base tune down but i would like a really nice tune

I tried to get in contact with HIGH PSI TSI GUY but that seems immposible. The guy seems like he is a busy person lol.

If there is some kind of meet coming up or something i would like to know so i can meet some people out there that are in the game.
Old 02-02-2010, 05:49 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of
Default Re: DSM guysss

Originally Posted by 99GST
I'm new to the area, moved here from South Dakota. I live in Yorktown. I am looking for a shop near me that could pull out a couple studs seized in my turbo(Unless someone wants to be a pal and do it for me for a really cheap price). I am also looking for a 20g because money is tight right now. Unless someone could help me find a cheap turbo set up(Manifold, turbo, o2 housing, ext wastegate).

So what i would like to know is a
Good Turbo Shop
Good place to buy used turbos
A good solid dyno place that is not expensive. I have DSM Link and got a base tune down but i would like a really nice tune

I tried to get in contact with HIGH PSI TSI GUY but that seems immposible. The guy seems like he is a busy person lol.

If there is some kind of meet coming up or something i would like to know so i can meet some people out there that are in the game.
people send me messages on like 10 different sites it's hard to keep up. Any good mechanic should be able to pull the studs, I assume they are broken? As far as finding a used turbo the best bet is going to be classifieds on a DSM specific forum. Sometimes stuff pops up on here too though.

There's plenty of dynos around. I don't know who as far as shops in the 757 will touch DSMlink, according to some of my customers from down there nobody will, and I am the closest one but that is second hand info so I could be wrong. What version are you running? Dyno cost shouldn't be a big deal. I can usually get a car done on DSMlink in an hour or so.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:15 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by HighPSI TSi Guy
people send me messages on like 10 different sites it's hard to keep up. Any good mechanic should be able to pull the studs, I assume they are broken? As far as finding a used turbo the best bet is going to be classifieds on a DSM specific forum. Sometimes stuff pops up on here too though.

There's plenty of dynos around. I don't know who as far as shops in the 757 will touch DSMlink, according to some of my customers from down there nobody will, and I am the closest one but that is second hand info so I could be wrong. What version are you running? Dyno cost shouldn't be a big deal. I can usually get a car done on DSMlink in an hour or so.
Could you pm me your number? I might come down to your shop wherever that is. Maybe you could pull out my studs. they aren't broken yet but i will have to break them to get a new gasket on. the one is blown. I am guessing i'll need a FPR for the dyno if you have one to tune it?
Old 02-02-2010, 06:29 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

I sent you a PM. I'm not sure I follow what you're trying to say exactly, but if you're asking if you need an FPR to tune the car.. well yea, every car has an FPR from the factory. Whether or not you need an aftermarket adjustable one depends on your setup. If you're running anything bigger than a supra MK4 fuel pump you'll need an AFPR. supra pump, 255 walbro, and anything smaller is fine on stock FPR.
Old 02-02-2010, 06:52 PM
Registered Member

Word. I replied back on pm.
Old 02-02-2010, 07:55 PM
Havoc

Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong Sun Wukong

Man I just got rid of some turbo's I still have a small 16g in williamsburgh. 20g's seem hard to come by cheap. It was a guy parting out his Evo on this site (look under part out in the classifieds) he wanted $450.
I think I seen you on SOVA, there's quite a few DSM guys on the penninsula.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:44 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by cherrod8
Man I just got rid of some turbo's I still have a small 16g in williamsburgh. 20g's seem hard to come by cheap. It was a guy parting out his Evo on this site (look under part out in the classifieds) he wanted $450.
I think I seen you on SOVA, there's quite a few DSM guys on the penninsula.
that was an evo IX turbo.