Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

DSM guru needed

Old 05-20-2008, 07:52 AM
r0tard

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Verbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these parts
Default DSM guru needed

I need someone familiar with DSM's to help me out. I can't get this fucker to idle. I have reset the TPS, adjusted the BISS...played with throttle cable, nothing works. I think the throttle body i bought of DSMTuners is a POS, just want to confirm before i buy another. The car runs fine otherwise.

It's a 7 bolt block, 1st gen head swap (manifold, TB, MAP and EGR delete), 4g63

On another note, i think there maybe a 255 walbro in this thing, i can always hear the fuel pump, hummin it's ass off.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:06 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD
Default Re: DSM guru needed

Vacuum leaks galore?
Old 05-20-2008, 08:12 AM
r0tard

Verbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these partsVerbal is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by Hybrid AWD
Vacuum leaks galore?
No.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:14 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

So it will crank and rev without a problem, but just not idle correct?
Old 05-20-2008, 08:44 AM
Registered member

1aznTT 1aznTT 1aznTT

yorktownev.com
I know it's an electric DSM, but I ABSOLUTELY PROMISE YOU - this guy can help...he even has a spare rebuilt motor he's trying to give away.
Old 05-20-2008, 08:50 AM
r0tard

I will try to explain this as best i can.

When its cold, it will start up and die. I used the throttle cable to set the idle up, worked fine until the car warms up, then it idles at 1500-3k. This is where it is currently.

I was leaning towards the "accelerated warm-up" (i don't know the exact term on DSM) but after looking at my TB compared to another, i think this one has issues.

The copper screw on the top/front is screwed all the way in, i am also missing the idle adjustment screw. (again, i may be off on my terminology)

I want to get these bugs worked out, so i can enjoy the 16g a little.

BRB with some pictures.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:00 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Bad ISC, test it.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:22 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

http://www.geocities.com/motorcity/d.../dsmtests.html

that page will help you testing stuff.
Old 05-20-2008, 09:22 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Here is another page dealing with idle

http://www.dsm.org/how-tos/tttt/tttt3.html
Old 05-20-2008, 09:36 AM
r0tard

See the screw, all the way in.

Missing whatever stops the throttle plate

Here is an overall shot. I spent alot of time making sure there was no vacuum leaks, and trying to keep the 1st gen head swap clean. I got it with no motor and this is my first DSM motor re-build experience...Now i just need a wideband and some tuning. (I am missing a coolant overflow, if you have one laying around. I now need an 02 sensor as well, the bosch i ordered had the wrong plug)

Quick Reply: DSM guru needed