Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

DSM galant turbo question

Old 10-13-2003, 07:45 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
axis45 has disabled reputation
Default DSM galant turbo question

i just bought a 95 galant and im new to dsm cars so i dont know much about the car except for it seems to run and drive pretty nice. my question is if want to go turbo can i put one on it from an eclipse/talon? the car has a 2.4 in it, is this a good motor? why does everyone talk trash about these cars, it seems to be a good car to me. thanks in advance
Old 10-13-2003, 11:21 PM
HAM

Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat

it is possible (4g64 right)? I saw a turbo of that body style galant at dsm shootout.
Now if you mean swapping in a 4g63...the usual answer is don't bother.
Old 10-13-2003, 11:45 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally posted by Heat
it is possible (4g64 right)? I saw a turbo of that body style galant at dsm shootout.
Now if you mean swapping in a 4g63...the usual answer is don't bother.
which shootout? you may have seen jason (LIL EVO), his car is hilarious..

what you will have to do is figure out what motor is in it. if it is the 4g64 as i suspect you'll want to find the corresponding 4g63 head for that motor, use that along with all the DSM turbo parts to build a turbo setup.. you could do it to the stock motor but i would recommend lowering the compression and using stronger internals as i wouldn't want to have to deal with the possibility of weak NA parts. the block is proven to be strong however there are cases of crank breakage on high hp 4g63/4s.
Old 10-14-2003, 06:36 AM
HAM

Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat Heat

It was a green one at 2001 shootout. I think it was 2001
Old 10-14-2003, 03:07 PM
Registered Member

no not the whole motor, just the turbo. i beleive it is 4g64 in the car right now. im just want a low boost setup (5-7 psi). do guys know a website that would have a parts list for a turbo setup on this car and where is a good place to pick these parts up. ive never turbo'ed a car with an air flow sensor so im assuming the bov has to be plumed back in to the intake somewhere
Old 10-14-2003, 11:57 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

Originally posted by axis45
no not the whole motor, just the turbo. i beleive it is 4g64 in the car right now. im just want a low boost setup (5-7 psi). do guys know a website that would have a parts list for a turbo setup on this car and where is a good place to pick these parts up. ive never turbo'ed a car with an air flow sensor so im assuming the bov has to be plumed back in to the intake somewhere
all the 4g63 parts should bolt up without much problem, you might have to do a few slight modification here and there though. how the computer is going ot like it i dunno though. and yeah the BOV should be plumbed back in
Old 10-15-2003, 05:21 AM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

the ports arent the same for a SOHC i dont think. do the DOHC swap with a 1g head (its easier) and there you go
Old 11-07-2003, 08:24 PM
Registered Member

yeah well maybe they are, the turbo bolted up after weeks of part hunting and man does it runs strong, now if the car would only move. well the turbo finished of my auto trans so now i am part hunting for a manual swap. i need to know if 2g clutch flywheel parts are interchangable with the 4g64