Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

dsm engine????

Old 06-10-2005, 05:36 PM
Big Dick Playa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling
Default dsm engine????

just gettin your thoughts on what i should go with.

built 2.0
built 2.3 stroker
built 2.4

what turbo are you guys runnin out there. and what would you suggest?
Old 06-10-2005, 05:56 PM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of
Default Re: dsm engine????

2.3/4 = problems

that's my preference. the stroker/2.4 setups have awesome spool/powerbands, but everyone i know that is running one and making big power, has issues constantly. just random shit mainly. most of the 2.0 guys i know going fast never have any problems. that is part of why i am staying 2.0. if you're worried about a big turbo spooling late.. build the head, rev it further, and don't lift to shift... or go ball bearing.. or combine those ideas
Old 06-10-2005, 06:01 PM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

my 2.4 is nice. i ran 12.8 @ 108mph, bogged launch to a 1.9 60' and was only running 13 psi. also my altenator was not charging but i was racing anyways.
Old 06-10-2005, 06:38 PM
Big Dick Playa

King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling

well i dont know anyone personally running the 2.4

none of my close friends anyways. but the people ive talked to wouldnt have it any other way.

i just think the 2.0 is just too small.

maybe im just looking to be a dyno queen i dont know.

but ive owned 4 dsms and ive had nothing but issues with the 2.0

but they were all high mileage also.

anymore info. whos runnin what, what issues have been noticed with your particular setup?
Old 06-10-2005, 07:02 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

fuck it, 2.7
Old 06-10-2005, 07:03 PM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

sbc.
Old 06-11-2005, 07:39 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

HighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud ofHighPSI TSi Guy has much to be proud of

over 550ish whp they become very hard to balance. your flywheel bolt holes will oval, and your flywheel will come loose.
Old 06-12-2005, 11:08 AM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

Originally Posted by fc735
sbc.
hahahahahahha
Old 06-12-2005, 03:43 PM
Your Local DSM Tech

Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD Hybrid AWD

If i were to do it again.... Id have a whole new idea towards things! Of course money is a big issue when it comes to building motors. So I think im gonna do some investment stuff machine wise. Im tired of paying others. A mill is out of my reach for a while, but there are some other little things id like.
Old 06-13-2005, 12:00 AM
❒Good ❒ Better ✔Best

my personal opinion... big turbo.. 2.0, conservative compression.. boost the hell out of it. don't like slow spool response? go ball bearing. still too much lag for you? go 7.5:1 and spray it. like pump gas? use alky injection. it might have worse street manners than the stroker, but i would bet you'll have it torn apart not nearly as much.

strokers are awesome if you don't care about breaking shit though.

Quick Reply: dsm engine????