Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Driver side headlight

Old 06-03-2008, 11:39 AM
BOXIN YOU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
gen4H22A is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Driver side headlight

On my 97 Cadillac Deville, i installed a new headlight lens with the housing on the passenger side. When i did the installation, i had to unplug the wiring harness, then i plugged it back in. Now, my driver side headlight does not work, none of the lights connected to the wiring harness work. But when I turn on the high beams all the lights mysteriously work, but when i turn my lo beams back on, no lights work. any ideas?
Old 06-03-2008, 02:53 PM
Racetracks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Driver side headlight

Look for a connector pin that may have got pushed out of the harness when you plugged it back in, or a broken wire from handling the harness. It sounds like most of the lights aren't getting power, and when you turn the high beams on power may be going back through the bulbs and powering everything else. There are other things it could be too, but having crimp pins push out isn't uncommon.