Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

DPFI to MPFI

Old 06-20-2010, 12:44 PM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
J.D.M EF9 is infamous around these partsJ.D.M EF9 is infamous around these partsJ.D.M EF9 is infamous around these partsJ.D.M EF9 is infamous around these partsJ.D.M EF9 is infamous around these partsJ.D.M EF9 is infamous around these partsJ.D.M EF9 is infamous around these partsJ.D.M EF9 is infamous around these partsJ.D.M EF9 is infamous around these partsJ.D.M EF9 is infamous around these partsJ.D.M EF9 is infamous around these parts
Default DPFI to MPFI

Alright so i swapped out the dual point that was in my 91 DX for a D16A6. I have a PM-6 ecu and have done the actual conversion where you move 2 wires and add 4. And now it wont start when i turn the key on the check engine light comes on and stays on and the main relay never clicks to turn the check engine light off. Also when i turn the key to the on position the light on the ecu thats supposed to blink to let you know its working never blinks or comes on at all. im not getting spark at all ive replaced the main relay, ignition switch and even the fuse box under the hood. Does anybody have any idea what could be wrong??
Old 06-20-2010, 06:41 PM
Registered Member

johncarlito has disabled reputation
Default Re: DPFI to MPFI

your wiring?? that what you should be checking.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:59 AM
Registered member

J.D.M EF9 is infamous around these partsJ.D.M EF9 is infamous around these partsJ.D.M EF9 is infamous around these partsJ.D.M EF9 is infamous around these partsJ.D.M EF9 is infamous around these partsJ.D.M EF9 is infamous around these partsJ.D.M EF9 is infamous around these partsJ.D.M EF9 is infamous around these partsJ.D.M EF9 is infamous around these partsJ.D.M EF9 is infamous around these partsJ.D.M EF9 is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by johncarlito
your wiring?? that what you should be checking.
i've checked the wiring 4 times its right
Old 06-21-2010, 12:07 PM
Registered Member

1rude2l has disabled reputation

ecu bad? Sure the wiring is right. Easy to mix up the plugs. Running resistor box right?
Old 06-21-2010, 04:45 PM
Registered member

Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2 Jenkinsal2

check the thermostat ground and your other grounds. Is the main relay even clicking?
Old 06-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by 1rude2l
ecu bad? Sure the wiring is right. Easy to mix up the plugs. Running resistor box right?
im 100% sure the wiring is right. yes im running a resistor box. im not sure if the ecu is bad though i wouldnt think so it came out of a car that ran fine? idk whats wrong
Old 06-21-2010, 07:54 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Jenkinsal2
check the thermostat ground and your other grounds. Is the main relay even clicking?
alright i'll check the grounds again. no the relay isnt clicking i changed that out to. any ideas? somebody said an ignitor unit?? i wouldnt think that would be it
Old 06-22-2010, 04:22 AM
Stiff Member

Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock Laserjock

Originally Posted by J.D.M EF9
Alright so i swapped out the dual point that was in my 91 DX for a D16A6. I have a PM-6 ecu and have done the actual conversion where you move 2 wires and add 4. And now it wont start when i turn the key on the check engine light comes on and stays on and the main relay never clicks to turn the check engine light off.
Also when i turn the key to the on position the light on the ecu thats supposed to blink to let you know its working never blinks or comes on at all.
im not getting spark at all ive replaced the main relay, ignition switch and even the fuse box under the hood. Does anybody have any idea what could be wrong??
1. Check the 10? amp fuse for the hazard light in the fusebox in the engine compartment. This is the fuse that is pulled to reset the ECU.

1. Try a known good ECU

You've replaced the ign. switch. Did the car start prior to the conversion? You can trace the wiring to from the ign. switch to the fuse box and then we can go over checking voltages in the main relay harness.
Old 06-22-2010, 10:06 AM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Laserjock
1. Check the 10? amp fuse for the hazard light in the fusebox in the engine compartment. This is the fuse that is pulled to reset the ECU.

1. Try a known good ECU

You've replaced the ign. switch. Did the car start prior to the conversion? You can trace the wiring to from the ign. switch to the fuse box and then we can go over checking voltages in the main relay
harness.
alright i checked the fuses and the ecu fuse wasnt in all the way so now the ecu blinks and the main relay comes on but its still not wanting to start
Old 06-22-2010, 10:11 AM
Registered member

dseayman is infamous around these partsdseayman is infamous around these partsdseayman is infamous around these partsdseayman is infamous around these partsdseayman is infamous around these partsdseayman is infamous around these partsdseayman is infamous around these partsdseayman is infamous around these partsdseayman is infamous around these partsdseayman is infamous around these partsdseayman is infamous around these parts

Man I had the same problem makine the dizzy hookd up right.. check by putting a screw driver in the spark plug wiring socket...

Quick Reply: DPFI to MPFI