Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

downpipe ?

Old 02-25-2004, 03:33 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to behold
Default downpipe ?

i have a 90ls teg that i just boosted the question is if i have a 3in downpipe and a 2.5in exhaust will i lose hp also have a stock cat
Old 02-25-2004, 03:42 PM
Banned

FastCRXva is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: downpipe ?

if I were you i would just take the cat out. I would think you would if you had a stock cat.
Old 02-25-2004, 04:03 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

you wont lose hp you just wont make quite as much. buy a high flow cat, test pipes fucking suck...
Old 02-25-2004, 04:08 PM
Banned

FastCRXva is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by FastCRXva
if I were you i would just take the cat out. I would think you would if you had a stock cat.
who ever wrote this is a jack ass......o yeah that was me. hehe I didnt read the post right. you wont lose HP But youll gain if you cut the cat off. not much
Old 02-25-2004, 05:57 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

you want the biggest, most freeflowing, less restrictive exhaust you can possibly get. zero backpressure (or no exhaust at all) would be ideal.
Old 02-25-2004, 05:58 PM
Dont Be Scared Homie

Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu Neo Xian Wu

why'd you get a 3in downpipe with a 2.5in exhaust? you're not gonna make as much HP as you could be making as you're going from a larger diameter to a smaller diameter. that's gonna cause turbulence in your exhaust. on a boosted car, you want the exhaust to exit as fast as possible. so basically you either run open downpipe at a larger size or you run equal size exhaust all the way back. you should definitely avoid running larger pipe to smaller pipe like that. more or less, you're forcing a large volume of exhaust to go thru a smaller volume of pipe, which will cause more heat and less performance. hope this helps.