Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

difference in loudness

Old 05-02-2005, 02:34 PM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell
Default Re: difference in loudness

DON'T GUT IT!!!!!! get a new one i did that to mine and now i am running into problems with less power. when you gut the cat it causes the exhaust to try to go back to the motor because of the difference in diameter ( got to love you gene ). get a test pipe. DON'T GUT THE CAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-02-2005, 02:40 PM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell Cpt. Non-Spell

Originally Posted by dave22
There is no way your cat is clogged already.

But if you remove it it'll be a little louder when you're on the throttle but WAY louder when you let off the throttle.
if he has ran race gas or cam 2. or even running rich, or burning oil.. so yes it could be clogged. way to many variables. the magnesium that is in some of the cats grabs led like no other. that would cause the cat to get clogged very quick. you could drive a car off the show room floor and put cam 2 in it and clog that bitch right then and there. age doesn't make a difference..

just a little help on that one
Old 05-02-2005, 04:19 PM
Registered Member

BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4 BlackSRT4

i was running really rich.
Old 05-02-2005, 04:40 PM
Speak&Spell Anyone?

there is the problem. did you fix that? if you didn't you are going to have the same problem all over again with the new cat. if i were you i would get a test pipe. tnt sells them.. you are in the newport nes area right?
Old 05-03-2005, 08:33 AM
Registered Member

im just going to gutt the bitch, till the end of the summer i get my full turbo back from the same company that made my tubular manifolld.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:35 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts

This may sound really stupid, but I was told the srt's came stock without cats. It didn't sound right so I figured I'd ask.
Old 05-03-2005, 10:48 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Focal X
This may sound really stupid, but I was told the srt's came stock without cats. It didn't sound right so I figured I'd ask.
they dont come with mufflers, but two inline resonators to help quiet everything down. They come with a big ass cat.
Old 05-03-2005, 11:32 AM
Jesus bilt my hotrod

Focal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these partsFocal E46 is infamous around these parts

Old 05-03-2005, 12:14 PM
RS Doscientos

litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic litlespic

Originally Posted by BlackSRT4
im just going to gutt the bitch
Old 05-03-2005, 12:41 PM
Registered Member

Moriar has disabled reputation

dont gut it, think of it this way ur goin from ========(=-=-=-=) to =======(_________)=========== now this may look good in theory, but u will lose power cuz the exhaust will expand in the empty cat, but then to be compacted back into the rest of the exhaust... bad bad... for ya,

Quick Reply: difference in loudness