Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Did my clutch, clunk clunk, WTF

Old 12-30-2006, 08:52 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ExoticGunplay has disabled reputation
Default Did my clutch, clunk clunk, WTF

cut it short to the point. clutch was done today, everything was done thoroughly, bleeded clutch and all. feels good!!

got on the road, gave a full throttle. as right in second gear. steering slinged shoted left, in control. then CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK, pulled over a few times on the way home. the last time. looking around suspension area,i noticed from a view in the engine bay that my axle popped out. i did somewat overlooked it. Could this be THe problem i ran into? i just cant get this out of my head. by the way it wasnt drivin far to get home.

any info would appreciated. if anyone ran into a common occurance
Old 12-31-2006, 06:58 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA
Default Re: Did my clutch, clunk clunk, WTF

Originally Posted by ekonomic
cut it short to the point. clutch was done today, everything was done thoroughly, bleeded clutch and all. feels good!!

got on the road, gave a full throttle. as right in second gear. steering slinged shoted left, in control. then CLUNK CLUNK CLUNK, pulled over a few times on the way home. the last time. looking around suspension area,i noticed from a view in the engine bay that my axle popped out. i did somewat overlooked it. Could this be THe problem i ran into? i just cant get this out of my head. by the way it wasnt drivin far to get home.

any info would appreciated. if anyone ran into a common occurance
sounds to me like you didnt fully seat the axle when you put it back in the tranny. and you need to break a clutch in correctly if you expect it to last any decent amount of time.
Old 12-31-2006, 07:15 AM
Registered Member

superls92 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CHAHONDA
sounds to me like you didnt fully seat the axle when you put it back in the tranny. and you need to break a clutch in correctly if you expect it to last any decent amount of time.
+1
Old 12-31-2006, 01:20 PM
Registered Member

ExoticGunplay has disabled reputation

yea foreal i hear that. gotta chill,

Did my axle driverside, lower ball joint busted. took out for a test driver right side axle making noise. SOO much for the holidays

Well, It was seated properly.

WHAT happend was this.

while was doing my clutch job first time. i pulled out both axles from the tranny. I just left both axles hanging on the lca in between the fork shock towers, and i believe it damaged them as it was just hanging there for a few hours.

Well happy hollidays to everyone, gotta head with the fam's and party hard tonight.

peace yall
Old 01-04-2007, 07:31 PM
Reppin The DOHC

turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies

Originally Posted by CHAHONDA
what he said
Old 01-04-2007, 07:48 PM
I have a 20 valve...

crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx crxnfx

seriously. your clutch will hook up awesome for the first thousand or so miles. then you start to accelerate and your car goes no where. at the final stages of "glazing over" your clutch, you'll be able to kick start your engine- meaning, you can start your car, put it in first gear, pop out the clutch, and it will still run.

I know, I've done it.

break in your clutch well. No getting on it for at least 1500 miles. Read the specifications on your box.

good luck.
Old 01-04-2007, 08:06 PM
Registered member

D.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud ofD.Nick has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by crxnfx
seriously. your clutch will hook up awesome for the first thousand or so miles. then you start to accelerate and your car goes no where. at the final stages of "glazing over" your clutch, you'll be able to kick start your engine- meaning, you can start your car, put it in first gear, pop out the clutch, and it will still run.

I know, I've done it.

break in your clutch well. No getting on it for at least 1500 miles. Read the specifications on your box.

good luck.
I didn't break mine in but for 500 miles and it has held all the abuse that I have given it.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:39 AM
Reppin The DOHC

turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies turbofordummies

u just got lucky
Old 01-05-2007, 04:09 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally Posted by Lawlz!
I didn't break mine in but for 500 miles and it has held all the abuse that I have given it.
yup 500 miles will work just fine
Old 01-05-2007, 05:43 AM
Needs a fast car now

NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET NX2KDET

Is it an organic clutches since they do require around a 500 mile break in period. Ceramic and some of the other harsh abrasive clutches don't require really any miles to break them in.