Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

del sol supercharged trouble

Old 06-07-2009, 01:59 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it2qwk4u has disabled reputation
Default del sol supercharged trouble

Alright so heres the story behind everything. I have a 93 del sol and i purchased a z6 bottom end that was freshly rebuilt from a guy, the motor had about 1,000 on it when pulled. i put a crower stage 2 turbo cam and a skunk 2 cam gear and had a valvejob done to the z6 head that i put on the motor. I'm also running a jackson racing supercharger on the motor and im using dsm 450 injectors and wired them in with the resistor box and everything. The motor started up but wouldnt idle so we took out the fmu and ran a basemap for the 8lb pulley with a p28 on chrome. The car started and would idle at like 100 to 200 and the idle screw wasnt making a difference. We played with the tune for a while and got it to where the car was running decently but i was still running the car with gas that had sit for about 4 months so i had been using stabil to try and clean up the gas but it didnt make a huge difference. We ran the car till most all the old gas was out and then i went and got super premium. W drove the car around for a lil and it was begining to slightly idle better. We drove the car about 5 more miles and then it just went haywire. IT would rev up and everything and gain rpms but the moment you put it in gear and try to take off the rpms just dive and the car shuts off. We cranked the car up like two hours later and she ran ok for a while and then did the same thing. This is the entire layout of the motor

z6 top head:
arp headtuds
crower stage two turbo cam
skunk 2 cam gear
valve adjustment for cam

bottom end:
rebuilt with 1,000 miles all stock

act lightened flywheel and a brand new stage 2 exedy clutch
Old 06-08-2009, 03:31 PM
Registered Member

Default Re: del sol supercharged trouble

bump...no ideas?
Old 06-08-2009, 04:04 PM
OV-104

Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis Atlantis

Who did the tuning on it? That is going to play a HUGE factor as to how it runs. Not everyone can tune. I'd recommend calling an actual tuner to get it strait and advice.
Old 06-09-2009, 08:42 AM
Registered Member

TweederSi will become famous soon enough

removed FMU, get Hondata

i had a superchargered b16,

when 1st ran into the guy who sold me the car, he was having tons of problems, the FMU was the main fuel issue, so he bought a hondata and it pretty much fixed all issues, after a few hours on the dyno.

Last edited by TweederSi; 06-09-2009 at 08:46 AM.
Old 06-09-2009, 10:56 AM
i like kittahs

UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag UberJag

This may sound dumb but is the timing right? Either the timing belt is off a tooth or maybe your skunk2 cam gear is off some. Maybe the came gear you have is for a y8? They are different. I think its timing related. Supercharges and fmu's are pretty straight forward.
Old 06-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Registered Member

we think that too cuz we took the fmu off already and that made it street worthy enough but then it acted funny after we drove it down a 4 mile road going about 45
Old 06-09-2009, 11:31 AM
Registered member

mondyva has disabled reputation

i'd drain the fuel and put fresh 93, also try running some sea foam that will take care of any moisture. u say u have the dsm 450s, you did put that into consideration in with the tune correct? b/c if not, ur shit will act like its dying out bc of the 450s trying to flood the motor
Old 06-09-2009, 11:32 AM
Registered member

any cels? if so which ones. if you are not throwing any codes, did you mess with any timing? did u mess with the idle screw?
Old 06-09-2009, 11:37 AM
Registered Member

it has fresh 93 in it...it is throwing a code but idk what it is...we put stabil which is for old and bad gas...we took the fmu which is for 440s off and ran a tune for 8lbs with 450's on chrome and it runs fine till after it like warms up and then it will rev up but if u let the clutch out to pull away the rpms just die like its flooding
Old 06-09-2009, 11:43 AM
Registered member

yeah you prolly have a bad basemap. also check the cels asap to see what the motor is telling you. i know a guy in lynchburg that has tons of basemaps, and they are from tuned cars, lmk and i'll find u his number. its prolly loading up on you. when was the last time u checked your spark plugs?

Quick Reply: del sol supercharged trouble