Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Del Sol battery issues

Old 02-20-2010, 04:53 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
xboxhaxorz has disabled reputation
Default Del Sol battery issues

About 8mths ago i purchased a new battery because i was having issues with my optima. It would work for a while then stop and i had it recharged at advance 2 or 3 times but still the same problem. So i ended up buying another optima which has worked fine until recently. The car lights would be on when i put the key in but there wasnt enough juice to start it.

I used another car to start it a few times and it worked for a while each time. I just went out tonight and the alarm was on, but there was not enough juice to use my door popper or window roll down. I could enable/ disable the alarm though.

Advance had checked my alternator which seemed fine according to their tester. I do have 2 8in subs connected to a 250 rms amp and rear speakers connected to another.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:30 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: Del Sol battery issues

So just reading what you said, the battery is the problem at all. Something else is draining the battery or the battery isn't getting charged.

If you had a bottle of Coke in the fridge, and there was less Coke every time you opened the fridge door, you wouldn't assume that there was something wrong with the plastic bottle, right? You'd find out which of your roommates was drinking it while you aren't around. Your battery is the same thing. You bought another bottle of Coke because you thought something was wrong with the first one.
Old 02-20-2010, 07:38 PM
ig oggggg

yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15 yanko 15

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
So just reading what you said, the battery is the problem at all. Something else is draining the battery or the battery isn't getting charged.

If you had a bottle of Coke in the fridge, and there was less Coke every time you opened the fridge door, you wouldn't assume that there was something wrong with the plastic bottle, right? You'd find out which of your roommates was drinking it while you aren't around. Your battery is the same thing. You bought another bottle of Coke because you thought something was wrong with the first one.
lololol
Old 02-20-2010, 07:46 PM
Registered member

LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE LeetPIE

Try unhooking a terminal for a couple nights.. see if it stays charged. IMO.. I'd say maybe something with the amp.
Old 02-20-2010, 08:07 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Originally Posted by xboxhaxorz
About 8mths ago i purchased a new battery because i was having issues with my optima. It would work for a while then stop and i had it recharged at advance 2 or 3 times but still the same problem. So i ended up buying another optima which has worked fine until recently. The car lights would be on when i put the key in but there wasnt enough juice to start it.

I used another car to start it a few times and it worked for a while each time. I just went out tonight and the alarm was on, but there was not enough juice to use my door popper or window roll down. I could enable/ disable the alarm though.

Advance had checked my alternator which seemed fine according to their tester. I do have 2 8in subs connected to a 250 rms amp and rear speakers connected to another.
You hooked the remote wire to the battery didn't you?
Old 02-21-2010, 10:54 AM
Registered Member

Yes i took it to a mechanic and they couldnt figure it out. They said it was the battery. But the test at advance said the battery was fine. They also said the alternator was fine so that doesnt help me find the culprit.

I have the 2 amps connected to a jl audio splitter to a resetable fuse then to the battery.
I dont have a capacitor and i dont think i need it either but that may be an issue.

I also have a backup battery alarm that was installed not too long ago, could that be the cause of drainage?
Old 02-21-2010, 11:06 AM
Dickbutt #peentip

Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin Kris.Is.Foamin

Parasitic current draw.

/thread
Old 02-21-2010, 02:11 PM
Zerofucksgiven

Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello Cyanide Jello

Yes i took it to a mechanic and they couldnt figure it out. They said it was the battery. But the test at advance said the battery was fine. They also said the alternator was fine so that doesnt help me find the culprit.

I have the 2 amps connected to a jl audio splitter to a resetable fuse then to the battery.
I dont have a capacitor and i dont think i need it either but that may be an issue.

I also have a backup battery alarm that was installed not too long ago, could that be the cause of drainage?
Do you have the remote wires hooked up? The wires that cut the amps on and off when you shut the car off... I bet you have em hooked to a constant power source...
Old 02-21-2010, 04:43 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Cyanide Jello
Do you have the remote wires hooked up? The wires that cut the amps on and off when you shut the car off... I bet you have em hooked to a constant power source...
I bet your right. I changed my cd player about a yr ago because it went bad and i just used the wires that were already connected and i am sure the remote wire was there.

Where should i connect the remote wire too?
Old 02-21-2010, 04:45 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Where should i connect the remote wire too?
The remote turn-on output from the head unit.

Quick Reply: Del Sol battery issues