Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

DA motor swap

Old 01-14-2007, 06:27 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
silviaslide has disabled reputation
Default DA motor swap

I'm thinking about getting a da soon, and im thinking either H22a or B18c1.
What parts would i need to do either set up, and which do you think will be easier/cheaper/more worth it in the end?All help is appreciated.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:37 PM
Registered member

GST342hp is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: DA motor swap

The GSR would be the better way to go.Here's everything you need. http://www.hmotorsonline.com/shop/sc...age&item=30008
Old 01-14-2007, 06:38 PM
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22

Originally Posted by silviaslide
B18c1....
easier/cheaper/more worth it
Old 01-14-2007, 11:16 PM
Registered Member

thanks for the help,so thats 2 for gsr and none for h22
Old 01-14-2007, 11:48 PM
Registered Member

the da im looking at is a 93 i heard that if i get the 93-95 gsr motor all i'll need is "motor,trans,ecu,axles,halfshaft and shift linkage" but the H22 if its 92-96 i will need "motor,trans,ecu,shift linkage,94+ integra axles,motor mount kit,& 94+ integra gsr wiring harness". i got this off of jspecautosports.com,will that be everything i need ? thanks again for all the help.
Old 01-15-2007, 07:36 PM
Registered Member

KYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud of

IF the DA still has the stock motor still in it all you need to do the GSR swap would be the longblock and the ecu, you can use your stock wiring harness and wire in a few things ( vtec, knock sensor, IAB's etc.) You can also use your stock trans but it is not the best all motor trans to run, the GSR trans would be better if you plan on staying all motor. Your stock shift linkage will work also with the GSR as well as the axles. I vote H22, but if this is your first swap stick with the GSR its easier and if you car already has the stock motor in it then it would be cheaper.
Old 01-15-2007, 08:53 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by KYLE ROSE
IF the DA still has the stock motor still in it all you need to do the GSR swap would be the longblock and the ecu, you can use your stock wiring harness and wire in a few things ( vtec, knock sensor, IAB's etc.) You can also use your stock trans but it is not the best all motor trans to run, the GSR trans would be better if you plan on staying all motor. Your stock shift linkage will work also with the GSR as well as the axles. I vote H22, but if this is your first swap stick with the GSR its easier and if you car already has the stock motor in it then it would be cheaper.
thanks for the help,but if i go H22 is the part list right?
Old 01-16-2007, 08:02 AM
Registered Member

KYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud ofKYLE ROSE has much to be proud of

You can use your harness and modify it to fit the h22 ( longer alternator wires, wire in vtec, etc etc) you can use 94 integra axles if you run h22 inner cv joints not really something alot of people do but it can work. If you need any help with anything ( installing motor , parts, or just plan questions) give us a call at 804 224 9530 Brauning Motorsports.
Old 01-20-2007, 08:43 PM
Registered Member

will do thanks for the help
Old 01-21-2007, 02:44 PM
Registered Member

ramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to beholdramdog is a splendid one to behold

if you are seriously thinking about getting a DA9. try checking g2ic.com for any information on the swap you are interested in. they helped me alot with my DA. good luck.

Quick Reply: DA motor swap