Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

D16z6 Issues

Old 04-15-2010, 02:24 PM
CTR Coming Soon!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
StermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond repute
Default D16z6 Issues

close

I have a D16z6 in a Civic Hatch, Its running a p28 with a obd1 to obd2 jumper harness, i wired vtec up a4 and d6 on the ecu and grounded its, but still no vtec, i tested codes it was throwing 14 iavc and 23 i think it was, or it was 14 again not sure, but i hear every single vtec comes with knock true or not?. I figured if it was ks then vtec wouldnt work im guessing. Im not sure whats going on really. any help be appreciated

Last edited by StermeR; 04-22-2010 at 10:36 PM.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:41 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8
Default Re: D16z6 Issues

No, only the DOHC VTEC engines had ECUs with knock sensor inputs. The P28 does not, and just to fill your head with useless facts a P28 is the exact same ECU as a P30 but without the additional knock sensor board (and with a different stock program).

You'll need to get rid of any major CELs before VTEC will engage. Fix whatever is giving you CELs, and then try again.
Old 04-15-2010, 03:47 PM
CTR Coming Soon!

StermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond reputeStermeR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
No, only the DOHC VTEC engines had ECUs with knock sensor inputs. The P28 does not, and just to fill your head with useless facts a P28 is the exact same ECU as a P30 but without the additional knock sensor board (and with a different stock program).

You'll need to get rid of any major CELs before VTEC will engage. Fix whatever is giving you CELs, and then try again.
alright, ty probly is the iavc thats making it not kick in
Old 04-15-2010, 03:49 PM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

might sound stupid, but if you blindly ran the wires to your ecu, you might have them mixed up.
Old 04-15-2010, 06:26 PM
CTR Coming Soon!

Originally Posted by boredom
might sound stupid, but if you blindly ran the wires to your ecu, you might have them mixed up.
nah i switched them both car doesnt even run the otther way barely, so its gotta be right the way they are
Old 04-15-2010, 08:13 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by StermeR
nah i switched them both car doesnt even run the otther way barely, so its gotta be right the way they are
What you just said scares the living shit out of me. You're lucky you don't destroy everything you touch, and if that's the way you troubleshoot.....
Old 04-15-2010, 08:16 PM
management

boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom boredom

the car should run just fine without vtec hooked up, it will just lack some top end. if your car wont run without vtec hooked up, then you have a larger issue
Old 04-15-2010, 08:22 PM
(°____°)

VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom VroomVroom

who needs vtec in a single cam anyway? practically pointless
Old 04-15-2010, 08:24 PM
CTR Coming Soon!

its not running perfect to my standard, no but see the guy who ran the wire for vtec before i got the car, ran to red wires for a4 and d6, i couldnt tell which one was which, it was taped up, so i had to guess. Thats not what i usually do but with a vtec solenoid... whats worst that could happen? now the car feels like its not enough fuel anyway, my bud says its the clutch it likes to jerk. and at low rpms jerks its ass off (below 3k) if u try to cruise, its hard to explain. but imma have to do some things anyway plus/wires/distributer/timing. imma have to overhaul this bitch way its looking. I mean if the iavc is fucked up which it is maybee thats what causing the jerking im thinking, also possibly why vtec isnt working, imma test solenoid see if its fucked up but i doubt it
Old 04-15-2010, 08:25 PM
CTR Coming Soon!

Originally Posted by VroomVroom
who needs vtec in a single cam anyway? practically pointless
just trying to get the car running right, but it might be working i just cant feel it i'm use to b series, i mean its not throwing vtec codes...wtf knows

Quick Reply: D16z6 Issues