Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

d16z6 help

Old 03-05-2005, 05:54 PM
I drive a coupe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR)
Default d16z6 help

I just put a d16z6 in my 89 hatch, and it has been nothing short of an ordeal so far. I got most of the bugs out already, but I am throwing a code 9, and also when I floor it, the car will go for about 3 seconds, and then bog down so much the car slows down and if I keep the pedal to the floor it will eventually shut off...

The code 9 is confusing because I have a brand new dizzy, and I am sure my wiring is right. Dont think its my ecu because I took it off my old car and it ran fine with it. I am not as worried about this because it only affects the idol from what I have read about it. But the other problem sucks.

The symptom is, I can press the gas almost to the floor, but if the pedal touches the floor it has gone too far and will kill the motor if I dont let off. The motor will bog down so heavily the car actually slows down, but if I just let off the gas slightly it will pick up like it should, and it will just not be as fast as if it were wide open. I thought it was a vaccum line, but it appears that everything is working right...

Any ideas??
Old 03-05-2005, 07:53 PM
Turbo VTEC-E

black6gen can only hope to improve
Default Re: d16z6 help

Maybe the fuel presure regulator or the pump.
Old 03-06-2005, 05:29 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

What ECU are you using?
Old 03-06-2005, 09:33 AM
I drive a coupe

Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR) Hatch Man(GsR)

right now I am using a p06 because I sold my p28 when I wrecked my old car... The p06 was on my 95 dx before I put the ex swap in it...

The car was running right before I put the d16 in it, I will check the fuel pressure regulator and pump to see if they are still working properly...
Old 03-06-2005, 09:37 AM
I drive a coupe

It really seems like a vaccum leak somehow, but everything is connected right. I am getting confused by this problem...

I think the code 9 may be caused because I am using electrical tape instead of heat shrink on my c1 and c2 wires. I will put heat shrink on them and see if it makes a difference...
Old 03-07-2005, 08:26 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

That sounds like a good start. Your wires are soldered or crimped, right?? Please tell me you didn't twist and tape them..
Old 03-09-2005, 05:53 PM
I drive a coupe

Nope, all wires are soldered and heat shrinked...
I am going to try a few things tomorrow because I have the day off. Maybe it is not getting a good connection at the clip on the wiring harness, because I know the wires leading to it are perfect...
Old 03-12-2005, 07:17 PM
I drive a coupe

Still throwing code 9, and still no wide open throttle. Could the throttle problem be caused be the tps?
Old 03-14-2005, 05:56 PM
Full Access Member

jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype jlgrtype

when i changed my fuel injectors to biger ones i had the same problem, you might have to lower the presure on your fuel rail or get the computer tuned to your new specs. thats what i had to do because the oxigen sensor kept telling the computer there was something wrong with the fuel.
Old 03-15-2005, 05:52 PM
I drive a coupe

hmm..

I fixed the wide open throttle problem, it was the tps sensor. But now the car will react like it has a vaccum leak right at 1,500 rpm unless I press the gas a little harder. I think this is caused by the code 9. I can live with it, but I need to fix the problem anyway...