Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.
View Poll Results: Jrsc on the d15b7?!
Yes its worth the time & effort
46.15%
No its just a waste of time & better to go turbo
53.85%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

D15b7 JRSC?!

Old 05-01-2010, 10:27 AM
DUKE BLUE DEVILS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: D15b7 JRSC?!

Originally Posted by IraqVet07
I mean the trade off for power from the 45 to the 68 blower would be better off i'd think with the 68.
Oh yeah, no doubt. Like I said, it takes some modifications though...
Old 05-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I think this all comes down to what you're ultimately looking for; whether you want to do something different or whether you want to actually make power.

I'd put the money into getting an engine better suited to make power. You can stress a D15 with a supercharger, or you can get a different engine and have roughly the same amount of power without modifying it. If you really want a supercharger, I'd say swap the engine and then supercharge it. I just can't see spending any amount of money on a D15 when the other options are so cheap and easy and will readily make more power. That's just my practical side talking though.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:39 AM
CPL Us Army

jpick_aap_cpp has disabled reputation

Its just to do a supercharger setup, i've done plenty of turbo things. NA is lame IMO, money isnt a big deal on this but i what i meant was by going with 45blower for a little bit more i could pick up a different blower like the 68 or whatever & then have room to grow if i soo choice to do so.

Thinking this way:

Why put a smaller turbo on the car, everyone knows your going to want more & more each time.. Soo on a stock motor (dsm 6bolt) you though a 80/min turbo on the car.. tune is on low boost, safely upgrade around the turbo setup. Until you reach high HP levels.

Make sense?

But making power of course turbo FI is the way to go but just curious as i've never done a s/c setup before.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:36 PM
DUKE BLUE DEVILS

9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts

Fabrik is right though. You run outta engine REAL quick on a SOHC setup as opposed to a DOHC. On the other hand, I still rock mine cause it's different more than anything. EVERYONE has a b-series swap and/or turbo. I like being different. Slow. But different.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:08 PM
IM BACK BITCH"S

droptoprx7 is a name known to alldroptoprx7 is a name known to alldroptoprx7 is a name known to alldroptoprx7 is a name known to alldroptoprx7 is a name known to alldroptoprx7 is a name known to all

i say do it.... the advantage with the single cam is if you blow it you can get a long block for dirt cheap.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:40 PM
DUKE BLUE DEVILS

Originally Posted by droptoprx7
i say do it.... the advantage with the single cam is if you blow it you can get a long block for dirt cheap.
Old 05-01-2010, 11:56 PM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I just have too practical of a mindset to get on board with it. It's a lot of time, money, and effort to end up with what amounts to an underpowered engine setup, so it doesn't make sense to me. That's all I'm saying. I understand the need to do something different, I just don't understand being satisfied with the end result.
Old 05-02-2010, 05:36 AM
DUKE BLUE DEVILS

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
I just have too practical of a mindset to get on board with it. It's a lot of time, money, and effort to end up with what amounts to an underpowered engine setup, so it doesn't make sense to me. That's all I'm saying. I understand the need to do something different, I just don't understand being satisfied with the end result.
I the end, we're talking about Hondas here, lol. These cars were never meant to be taken to these extremes. I like my setup for what it is. I also like having the original engine to match my 69k miles. hehe....
Old 05-02-2010, 04:32 PM
IM BACK BITCH"S

droptoprx7 is a name known to alldroptoprx7 is a name known to alldroptoprx7 is a name known to alldroptoprx7 is a name known to alldroptoprx7 is a name known to alldroptoprx7 is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
yes a b series would be more reliable then the supercharged sohc and would make alot more power if he put money into the b series set up. however i dont see the problem with a FI d series. yes it will probably have more problems but they can make power and it would be a cheaper replacement then blowing say a b16.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:50 AM
CPL Us Army

jpick_aap_cpp has disabled reputation

Well I personally have never blown any motor period, Seems to be lack of supply of jrsc for sohc soo we shall see. Rebuilding 1 isnt any problem @ all just gotta come across & locate one. I have a bseries in my 99 coupe not a big deal at all but i'd rather FI something that i know will last under the FI addition rather than a stock honda motor lol. Just my thoughts.

Eventually i plan to build a sohc engine for FI which we all know is capable of making 300+fwhp. Not a problem idea was just to go S/C for 200whp until i got around to putting together the built motor. Thanks for your inputs, we shall see what happens later on this year.

Quick Reply: D15b7 JRSC?!