Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

d15b dizzy fucking up...suggestions?!

Old 08-27-2005, 09:36 AM
Bearded.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO DORKO
Exclamation d15b dizzy fucking up...suggestions?!

couple weeks ago i swapped a motor in my crx...

after i did all the wiring and all that shit, i started it up...it started up fine....threw a couple codes, but nothing major...

but any wayz...i go to start it up liek 3 days ago and it wont start...so i figure its the batery....well i charge the battery and jump it ....it still didnt want to start..... it turns over fine and the starter is kicking in fine...and all that good stuff but it just wont start...
so i replace the spark plugs, and the wires...with oem shits...and still wont start..
i took the plug out and touched it to the valve cover to see if it would spark...and NO SPARK...so i took the cap and rotor off...and inspected it, it looks fine...my friend albert (bert here on drag) walked me through a couple steps to testing the coil and ignitor...well the ignitor is bad...so i replaced it and just tried to start it up just now, and still wont turn over...and i smell gas real bad....

so my question is why the fuck do i smell gas when i try and start it? and why wont it start at all, when it started and ran perfect a coupld days ago?

any suggestions would be appreciated?

brandon
Old 08-27-2005, 02:03 PM
Registered Member

udumkid has disabled reputation
Default Re: d15b dizzy fucking up...suggestions?!

that's almost the same shit that happend to me when I did the d15b swap on my eg.I replace the distributor to that of a 92-95 d16 v-tec motor,after doing that the bitch fired right up!

I bet you the codes you're getting are either 9,19 or 14.right?

oh before I forget that strong fuel smell your getting is because you're not igniting(sp)the fuel.in other words your flooding the piston with gas.pm if you need help.
Old 08-27-2005, 02:22 PM
Bearded.

i dont knwo what codes im throwing yet...well i do to a extent...im throwing a TPS code, thats b/c i have to adjust it....and i know im throwing a o2 sensor code too , b/c its not hooked up...but other than that i dont know...

i cant see what other codes its throwing b/c my ecu (jdm p08) displays one code at a time until that code is clear...then it will move on to the next one..

so..i cant tell...but im looking for a z6 distributor if you knwo someone that has one.!
Old 08-27-2005, 03:50 PM
Registered Member

88CRXHFBSTNG has disabled reputation

I did almost the same shit. I had a bad ground somewhere. anyways kept trying to start it over and over. and well with some hondas when u do this. it kepts pumping gas into the manifold. and if you flood it to much the pistons will fill up with gas (thus it will never start) check your dipstick. pull it out and see if it smells like gas. or take a wrench put it on the crank and see it will spin easily. if you here a sloshing sound=gas in the cylinders.
check that. let me know whatsup.
Old 08-27-2005, 04:14 PM
Bearded.

so it will never ever start if there is gas on the pistons.?
Old 08-27-2005, 04:17 PM
Bearded.

and plus when i tried to start it last week and it started...so i kno i dont have a bad ground...im still thinking the dizzy is fucked..!

and yes the dipstick does smell like gas...its not strong but i can tell its there...

so i dont know what that means..tell me please...will the motor start if there is gas on the pistons, and i get a new distributor?> will it start and burn all that fuel off?

i dont know...never had a bad dizzy before..?

Last edited by DORKO; 08-27-2005 at 04:30 PM.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:33 PM
Bearded.

fuck it i just got a new dizzy...from soem dumb ass kid...! 40$ lol
Old 08-27-2005, 10:07 PM
Banned

hondacrix is an unknown quantity at this point

yo its sean fro vo tech with the black eg civic coupe dude give me a call tomorrow at 719 1665 and ill take my dizzy off and you can try it just to see it that the prob so if its no you wont blow your $ on somthing you dont need
Old 08-28-2005, 06:45 AM
Registered Member

88CRXHFBSTNG has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by dorko
so it will never ever start if there is gas on the pistons.?
no if its alot. trying turning the crank. if you hear sloshing and it doesnt spin easily, then You are gonna have to drain the oil. you will get a shit ton of gas and oil coming out, if its like mine was. the good news is once you do this, put in new oil. (use cheapshit cause your gonna want to change it again right away.) it should start right up, if its a flooded problem.
Old 08-28-2005, 08:54 AM
Bearded.

well i got a new distributor, and i changed the oil and put some cheap shit back in it...

and its still not starting up...i even tried taking my battery out of my workign civic to see if the battery was the problem, its not ...

its a spark issue...im not getting any spark at all...my spark plugs are brand new, and my wires are brand new as of 3 days ago..?

my ecu is connected and no fuses are blown under the hood or under the dash....i dont under stand this shit at all...
i need a pin out of a JDM p08 ecu...some one point me in the right direction...thank you

FUCK

Quick Reply: d15b dizzy fucking up...suggestions?!