Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

d series turbo Q's

Old 01-15-2012, 03:12 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch
Default Re: d series turbo Q's

Originally Posted by NasTHatch
oh hey ...you are back...

but to make sure you know an answer......you can expect to make about 170-190 hp with an ebay turbo kit on 7-10lbs with a single cam....
is that with 450 injectors or could you push that with stock injectors?
Old 01-15-2012, 03:13 PM
Registered member

sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl?

oh hey ...you are back...

but to make sure you know an answer......you can expect to make about 170-190 hp with an ebay turbo kit on 7-10lbs with a single cam....
Agreed with this man. If you upgrade internals and crank you can make about 300-350. But then you run into tranny issues I believe.
Old 01-15-2012, 03:13 PM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Originally Posted by eghatch
im going turbo on a stock d series an was seeing what i must upgrade on the stock motor,like injectors fuel pump etc im not going crazy just a dd tune like 7lbs an my Q's are do need to upgrade the injectors an fuel pump,internals etc for a small tune like that.
Injectors and fuel pump are a yes

Depending on the size of the turbo 7psi doesn't say anything (ie 7psi on 35r will yield different results that 7psi in a t25). And speaking off t25's they can be bought for less than 100 dollars.

And as always the tune is everything, I mean EVERYTHING. It is the glue that holds your motor together, skimp on this and it will blow up, same goes for the ems. While you can get away with using free software like crome or neptune, I wouldn't. Hondata and aem are the way to go for the most peace of mind and ultimately the best results
Old 01-15-2012, 03:14 PM
Registered member

sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl? sixcyl?

You "can" use stocks. 240cc can handle the power. But I would recommend at least some 310cc
Old 01-15-2012, 03:14 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

I had a stock d15b with a z6 head that was all stock minus head studs and a new head gasket, i had stock injectors with an ebay turbo kit and a t-3 garret turbo...made 197hp on 9 lbs
Old 01-15-2012, 03:16 PM
Registered member

Originally Posted by Gen_Crunchytoes

Depending on the size of the turbo 7psi doesn't say anything (ie 7psi on 35r will yield different results that 7psi in a t25). And speaking off t25's they can be bought for less than 100 dollars.

And as always the tune is everything, I mean EVERYTHING. It is the glue that holds your motor together, skimp on this and it will blow up, same goes for the ems. While you can get away with using free software like crome or neptune, I wouldn't. Hondata and aem are the way to go for the most piece of mind and ultimately the best results
Agreed again, however legit parts come at legit prices. Some would argue that if you were going to spend all that money to just buy another car. But if you really love building cars..and I mean LOVE..then it is more for the thrill and fun of the build,
Old 01-15-2012, 03:16 PM
Registered member

I had a stock d15b with a z6 head that was all stock minus head studs and a new head gasket, i had stock injectors with an ebay turbo kit and a t-3 garret turbo...made 197hp on 9 lbs
You sir had one hell of a tune. Who tuned it?
Old 01-15-2012, 03:17 PM
Registered Member

eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch eghatch

wurd i got 450s but i was just going to throw the kit on an later put them on.

ps. im running a 50 trim ebay turbo
Old 01-15-2012, 03:19 PM
i pooped a squirrel

Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes Gen_Crunchytoes

Originally Posted by sixcyl?
Agreed again, however legit parts come at legit prices. Some would argue that if you were going to spend all that money to just buy another car. But if you really love building cars..and I mean LOVE..then it is more for the thrill and fun of the build,
Indeed. With enought patience he can piece together a kit for less than 500 bucks though, which frees up money to spend where it really counts.

Also I don't recall if the s200 or even 100 had a boost option, if so that's a good bit of savings for a quality ems
Old 01-15-2012, 03:19 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Gen_Crunchytoes

An,d as always the tune is everything, I mean EVERYTHING. It is the glue that holds your motor together, skimp on this and it will blow up same goes for the ems. While you can get away with using free software like crome or neptune, I wouldn't. Hondata and aem are the way to go for the most peace of mind and ultimately the best results
who is the best that is around rva