Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

d series blocks

Old 03-20-2005, 07:13 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud of
Default d series blocks

last night my car brokedown, i pulled the dipstick and i was REALLY low on oil. well right before it brokedown i was hearing this ticking sounds as i got around 3500 rpms. then i heard a squeek and thats when i turned my car off and coasted to the side of the road. i tried starting it and it ran for a few seconds then shut off. while it was running it sounded like it was running on 3 cylinders. so i think i might have thrown a rod or something. i just need to know if i can use any d16 block to replace the one that i have. i have a d16a6, but i dont know if i can use a block from an engine that had vtec, since vtec blocks have oil squirters between the #2 and #3 cylinder, and mine doesnt. so are all d series blocks interchangable or not??

and if you have any ideas of what might have happened to my car. please feel free to let me know what you think

thanks
nick
Old 03-20-2005, 08:05 AM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear
Default Re: d series blocks

honestly bud, your best bet is to go to Uwrenchit and get a non vtec bottom end, shit...they have tons of them. You might even find an a6 bottom end.
Old 03-20-2005, 10:06 AM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

SOHC VTEC blocks dont have oil squirters. why do you think they redline so low? lol. you can use any 89-00 single cam block you find. and it sounds to me like you ran low on oil and spun a rod bearing and probably lost oil pressure and burned something up in the bottom end. when you start it does the oil light stay on?
Old 03-20-2005, 03:06 PM
Registered Member

slow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud ofslow4banger has much to be proud of

the oil light wasnt on when it happened, but earlier when i tried to start it the oil light stayed on. i pulled the plugs and there was oil all over the spark plug on the #3 cylinder, and a piece of metal that looked like part of a ring was stuck to the spark plug. i'm gonna pull the head off tomorrow and see how bad it is