VADriven.com Forums

VADriven.com Forums (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/)
-   Tech Talk (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/)
-   -   cut/gash on side of tire (https://www.vadriven.com/forums/tech-talk-9/cut-gash-side-tire-54223/)

huntrcrker 05-23-2004 10:56 AM

cut/gash on side of tire

best way to explain...lets say you get a cut on your finger, cuts through skin (tire) but not enough for it to bleed (leak air). what do you do to fix?

RedRexSI 05-23-2004 11:02 AM

Re: cut/gash on side of tire

Youll end up needing a new tire, actually the best thing to do IS get a new tire cus if it blows out you, your car, your rim, and your wallet are fucked.

huntrcrker 05-23-2004 11:07 AM

these are 3.5 month old tires :mad: 245/45R17 Y rated kumho ecsta mx's from dealer. checking my warranty info on it now. and like 2800 or so miles on them

leolo007 05-23-2004 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by RedRexSI
Youll end up needing a new tire, actually the best thing to do IS get a new tire cus if it blows out you, your car, your rim, and your wallet are fucked.

:stupid:
the only problem with waranty is they wont cover something thats not manufacturer's defect, and that sounds like you curbed it or went over a big rock or something...

JBub 05-23-2004 01:32 PM

In other words, you're fucked.

huntrcrker 05-23-2004 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by leolo007
:stupid:
the only problem with waranty is they wont cover something thats not manufacturer's defect, and that sounds like you curbed it or went over a big rock or something...

na no way i hit a curb...and i didnt try going four wheelin', im thinking sabotaged. had to happen between now and last week when i washed it

flow fx 05-23-2004 03:42 PM

I had Falken tires on my prelude, and they had the SOFTEST sidewalls and I dont know how bout I got a few slits like your talking where a layer of rubber would be hanging.. I never had a problem with driving on it like that, and everyone I knew with Falkens said the same thing happened to them.

Not saying its safe. It all depends on how bad it is.

c1t1d1 05-26-2004 02:39 AM

If it looks like its splitting or cracked real bad, i would take it back to the palce you got it. I had the same thing happen to me on some toyo z rated 205/45/16. They were cracking like that on inside and out side. I took it back to BOSS wheels and they sent it back to TOYO becasue it was a deffect. They sent me a bran new one. If you hitt a curb it shouldnt split like that . But deffinetly get it changed casue if its leaking and you hit a good bump it might pop it and then you will fuck your rim up.

WS6 05-26-2004 01:28 PM

Buy one new tire and have that cut one mounted on another rim and save it and use it as a temporary full size spare.

huntrcrker 05-26-2004 07:20 PM

Originally Posted by WS6
Buy one new tire and have that cut one mounted on another rim and save it and use it as a temporary full size spare.

thats actually a good idea i might do, but that means buying another 17" polished bullet rim :rolleyes: .

i did a few donuts in a secluded place seems to be ok :D but im going to goto the dealership and see if they will replace it.