Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

cut/gash on side of tire

Old 05-23-2004, 10:56 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
huntrcrker has a spectacular aura abouthuntrcrker has a spectacular aura abouthuntrcrker has a spectacular aura about
Default cut/gash on side of tire

best way to explain...lets say you get a cut on your finger, cuts through skin (tire) but not enough for it to bleed (leak air). what do you do to fix?
Old 05-23-2004, 11:02 AM

RedRexSI RedRexSI RedRexSI RedRexSI RedRexSI RedRexSI RedRexSI RedRexSI
Default Re: cut/gash on side of tire

Youll end up needing a new tire, actually the best thing to do IS get a new tire cus if it blows out you, your car, your rim, and your wallet are fucked.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:07 AM
Registered Member

huntrcrker has a spectacular aura abouthuntrcrker has a spectacular aura abouthuntrcrker has a spectacular aura about

these are 3.5 month old tires 245/45R17 Y rated kumho ecsta mx's from dealer. checking my warranty info on it now. and like 2800 or so miles on them

Last edited by huntrcrker; 05-26-2004 at 07:23 PM.
Old 05-23-2004, 01:27 PM
Registered Member

leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007 leolo007

Originally Posted by RedRexSI
Youll end up needing a new tire, actually the best thing to do IS get a new tire cus if it blows out you, your car, your rim, and your wallet are fucked.

the only problem with waranty is they wont cover something thats not manufacturer's defect, and that sounds like you curbed it or went over a big rock or something...
Old 05-23-2004, 01:32 PM
It's Duck Season

JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub JBub

In other words, you're fucked.
Old 05-23-2004, 01:33 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by leolo007

the only problem with waranty is they wont cover something thats not manufacturer's defect, and that sounds like you curbed it or went over a big rock or something...
na no way i hit a curb...and i didnt try going four wheelin', im thinking sabotaged. had to happen between now and last week when i washed it
Old 05-23-2004, 03:42 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

I had Falken tires on my prelude, and they had the SOFTEST sidewalls and I dont know how bout I got a few slits like your talking where a layer of rubber would be hanging.. I never had a problem with driving on it like that, and everyone I knew with Falkens said the same thing happened to them.

Not saying its safe. It all depends on how bad it is.
Old 05-26-2004, 02:39 AM
Banned

c1t1d1 is an unknown quantity at this point

If it looks like its splitting or cracked real bad, i would take it back to the palce you got it. I had the same thing happen to me on some toyo z rated 205/45/16. They were cracking like that on inside and out side. I took it back to BOSS wheels and they sent it back to TOYO becasue it was a deffect. They sent me a bran new one. If you hitt a curb it shouldnt split like that . But deffinetly get it changed casue if its leaking and you hit a good bump it might pop it and then you will fuck your rim up.
Old 05-26-2004, 01:28 PM
WS6
www.autocross.us

WS6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Buy one new tire and have that cut one mounted on another rim and save it and use it as a temporary full size spare.
Old 05-26-2004, 07:20 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by WS6
Buy one new tire and have that cut one mounted on another rim and save it and use it as a temporary full size spare.
thats actually a good idea i might do, but that means buying another 17" polished bullet rim .

i did a few donuts in a secluded place seems to be ok but im going to goto the dealership and see if they will replace it.