Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

CRX swap, which one??

Old 04-05-2004, 05:58 AM
Fucks wit it

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick
Default CRX swap, which one??

I have a 91 dx, and i want to swap a motor into it, i dont know what i want though. i was thinking b16 or b18( is this an "ls" teg motor?) or maybe even the b20 from the crv. which would be the easiest swap and a decent price. thanks
mark
Old 04-05-2004, 06:11 AM
BRB, shark week.

Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible Jestible
Default Re: CRX swap, which one??

Uh.. b16 or b18 (yes, that's an Integra series engine).
I'm not a big Honda guy, just wait for the bigger Honda heads to respond.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:22 AM
Registered Member

calgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond reputecalgone47 has a reputation beyond repute

They say the ZC's the easiest swap to do in a crx but I dropped a b16 in mine and it didn't take hardly any time to finish. Just make sure you read up and plan ahead as well as possible, things will go wrong if it's your first swap, so plan for the worst. But anywho, hmotorsonline.com can help you out.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:24 AM

Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma Enigma

Find a b18c1 and throw on i/h/e with adjustable cams.. and you will be a happy camper. b16 doesn't have enough anything to spend the money on it. Spend a little more and get around 200hp.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:26 AM
Blow Me

Stillpushin is an unknown quantity at this point

All B-Series swaps are going to be about the same. Only differences you run into is wiring up Vtec depending on if you have it or not. B18 a or b does not. (LS Motors) B20 does not. Then you have the b16 which is Vtec. And the two more B18's the GSR and Type R. That is a brief overview of choices. But remember. Research Research Research. There is all the info you need on the web.
Old 04-05-2004, 02:57 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Put a k-series in that bitch.

Originally Posted by six out 6
b16 doesn't have enough anything to spend the money on it.
Please refrain from bashing B16's. Granted, my car is not a monster by any means, but it's a very fun car to drive.
Old 04-05-2004, 03:02 PM
I'm audi5000.

nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere.

Originally Posted by six out 6
Find a b18c1 and throw on i/h/e with adjustable cams.. and you will be a happy camper. b16 doesn't have enough anything to spend the money on it. Spend a little more and get around 200hp.
i/h/e and b18c1 does not equal 200 hp.
Old 04-05-2004, 03:34 PM

BKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond reputeBKS_SC2 has a reputation beyond repute

with adjustable cams its getting darn close and i'm not talking to the wheels.
Old 04-05-2004, 04:38 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Originally Posted by BKS_SC2
Close to what? A couple friends of mine have I/H/E and VTEC controller, and they are not all that close to 200whp, and on with adjustable cam gears, and he's not that close, either.
Old 04-05-2004, 04:42 PM
I'm audi5000.

nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere. nolongerhere.

Originally Posted by BKS_SC2
refer to above post.

and if you're not talking about whp, what does it matter how much crank hp is made?

Quick Reply: CRX swap, which one??