Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Crooked exhaust tips??

Old 06-26-2008, 11:05 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LovemyNiSmO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Crooked exhaust tips??

Well I seen a local dude drive past me today with a 240sx and then as I was looking around I noticed a del sol, both had the crooked can exhaust. I was just wondering is that just for looks or what. Im just wondering if someone could clarify this for me. I was thinking its to prevent the tip from burning the bumper, im not sure just wondering. I see alot of people doing this.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:12 AM
DayCrew© Dude

Johnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Crooked exhaust tips??

I suck at searching with google and wikipedia but IIRC the slant is to ease the angles in the exhaust from the engine to the muffler.. improved airflow.

That was the original purpose anyhow.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:51 AM
やくざに成りたい

atmdc has disabled reputation

im pretty sure most people do it for looks though. to get that m4d t1ght JDM look
Old 06-26-2008, 02:44 PM
Small turbo whore

Livin Legend has disabled reputation

referring to this style of exhaust??
Old 06-26-2008, 08:33 PM
Registered member

Yea that pic up there is right, alot like that. I was just curious cause I have been seeing it alot.

If it does help airflow I wouldnt mind doing it myself but if its just some retarted jdm fad thing then nevermind lol.

The only cars I really ever see it on is mainly drift cars. I have never seen it on a track car or anything.
Old 06-26-2008, 08:37 PM
Banned

DURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these partsDURHUR is infamous around these parts

mine is....i did it for looks to be honest..i'll try and get a pic up in a second.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:33 AM
Registered member

alright cool dude, I do like the way they look and im almost tempted myself lol
Old 06-27-2008, 07:38 AM
DayCrew© Dude

Johnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond reputeJohnny Bravo has a reputation beyond repute

I have a slight slant to my exhaust.

Apexi N1.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:59 AM
Registered Member

ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt ChokolAwt

dont slant them up... water gets in the muffler when it rains and pools at the base and will eventually rust it out...
Old 06-27-2008, 12:02 PM
Small turbo whore

Livin Legend has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by ChokolAwt
dont slant them up... water gets in the muffler when it rains and pools at the base and will eventually rust it out...
not necc, true. most expensive exhaust like the one above, have weep holes in the bottom of the tips, to prevent water build up