Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Crankwalk

Old 06-23-2004, 02:36 PM
hostgator.com

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts
Default Crankwalk

Does CW typically ruin bearings or what?

I was going to buy a 1998 GSX, I looked up the users other posts on another forum, and he was talking about his thrust bearing being worn.

Of course when I asked "Any signs of CW" he said no, and that he was doing the bearings because the motor "just hit 25k and he's just anal about it being in good shape"

"The car is right now having the main bearings replaced as a precaution to prevent crankwalk (yes it is still a 7 bolt motor). The engine currently only has 25k on it and it runs strong."

The car has shitloads of mods, but if its going to break down in 3 months, I'll pass. Any ideas on the thrust bearing? I've heard if you replace the bearings they simple go bad later on

Also, if I decided to buy it assuming he gave me a killer deal on the POS, swapping to a 6bolt is just like any other motor swap, correct? Or bottom end swap

Ok the kids apparently replaced bearings 3 times in the past 2 or so years..yeah..Ill pass. Nice mods too. ugh.

Last edited by flow fx; 06-23-2004 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:03 PM
Jay
VR-4ever

Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay Jay
Default Re: Crankwalk

If youre going to get a dsm, I'd do a 4g63/4 swap.

btw... post the link. =)
Old 06-23-2004, 03:09 PM
hostgator.com

flow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these partsflow fx is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by VR-4ever

btw... post the link. =)
http://www.dsmtuners.com/classifieds...1&cat=4&page=1

Last edited by flow fx; 06-23-2004 at 04:17 PM.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:10 PM
RIP Chris Schader

g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x g S x

crankwalk is when the thrustbearing gets worn out on the sides, it causes the crank to "walk" side to side and fuck everything up, like the timing cover, the crank angle sensor, the crank, the block... id tell him to keep it!
Old 06-23-2004, 03:15 PM
hostgator.com

I'm so pissed that car got me all giddy on a GSX.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:15 PM
Big Dick Playa

King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling

i lost one of my '95 engines due to the dreaded 7 bolts crank walk
Old 06-23-2004, 03:16 PM
Big Dick Playa

King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling King Dingaling

Originally Posted by VR-4ever

btw... post the link. =)
www.magnusmotorsports.com is where its at.
Old 06-23-2004, 03:21 PM
hostgator.com

How long do the bearings typically take to go out? like..months? year +? few weeks? no idea?
Old 06-23-2004, 03:24 PM
RIP Chris Schader

there is a set of bearings that you can buy that are made to fix crankwalk. i'm not sure where you get them but "h8urv8" does because she has them in hers and her engine has 198k on it
Old 06-23-2004, 03:25 PM
RIP Chris Schader

direct performance probaly has the bearings

Quick Reply: Crankwalk