Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

crank pulley tips

Old 03-04-2005, 09:21 PM
Cruising @ 8000ft

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hatch77 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default crank pulley tips

Anyone have any tips on getting a stuck crank pulley off? I tried an airgun already... no dice. Any other wacky ideas? Thanks guys!
Old 03-05-2005, 06:15 AM
throwbAcura

dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22 dave22
Default Re: crank pulley tips

I think you need a special tool.
Old 03-05-2005, 06:52 AM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

pb blaster, a propane torch, and a mallet.
Old 03-05-2005, 07:05 AM
moDUH ratR

zenkiticks has disabled reputation

try some type of hub puller maybe....just make sure you don't damage the teeth on the pulley...
Old 03-05-2005, 07:44 AM
Cruising @ 8000ft

the pulley will come off just fine I'm sure, i just can't get the bolt off...
Old 03-05-2005, 07:48 AM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by spic
pb blaster, a propane torch, and a mallet.
I'm serious - if you have these three things by your side, everything will come together.

It NEVER fails you. Ever.

Is the engine spinning instead of the bolt?
Old 03-05-2005, 08:05 AM
Simple Bolt Ons

C MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these partsC MY 4D is infamous around these parts

oh damn that bolt is a bitch i had a honda motor it just would not come out of..... even tried a long breaker bar and cranking the engine..... impact was no luck..... heat & wd40 didn't effect it
Old 03-05-2005, 08:08 AM
Cruising @ 8000ft

Originally Posted by spic
I'm serious - if you have these three things by your side, everything will come together.

It NEVER fails you. Ever.

Is the engine spinning instead of the bolt?
yep, I hosed it down with liquid wrench and banged on it with a hammer for a little bit...and then hit it up with the airgun again.

I think i might need a bigger airgun... one that goes up to 600 ft. lbs instead of this teeny tiny 400...
Old 03-05-2005, 08:14 AM
i got 5 on it

Originally Posted by hatch77
yep, I hosed it down with liquid wrench and banged on it with a hammer for a little bit...and then hit it up with the airgun again.

I think i might need a bigger airgun... one that goes up to 600 ft. lbs instead of this teeny tiny 400...
I said PB Blaster - don't sleep on it.

Bigass ratchet, bigass pipe, jump on that bitch.

(That's the cheap mexican coming out - if you want to take the time to go find and/or buy a bigger airgun, go ahead. You're white. That's your perogative.)

Old 03-05-2005, 08:17 AM
Cruising @ 8000ft

hahaha, i tried the mexican breaker bar yesterday and it just spins the engine instead of the bolt...

Quick Reply: crank pulley tips