Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Coilovers

Old 12-22-2004, 08:24 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93DOHC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Coilovers

I want to lower my car, I have an 2000 Nissan Sentra SE and my wheel gap is huge. I was looking at Dropzone coilovers, are they any good? I would also take recommendations that will not break my pockets. All opinions are welcome. Thanks
Old 12-22-2004, 08:39 PM
DUKE BLUE DEVILS

9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts9civic5 is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Coilovers

Oh, hell NO. There is a reason those bullshit coils cost $129. Think about it. Just save up and get some ground controls or skunk 2's.
Old 12-22-2004, 09:09 PM
Registered Member

FumingSmoked is an unknown quantity at this point

Tein Basics work great. Adjustable ride height. Never hit the bump stops and no wheel gap. Ever consider buying a SE-R spec V springs and shocks? I have them for sale if you want...
Old 12-22-2004, 09:28 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear

Originally Posted by 9civic5
Oh, hell NO. There is a reason those bullshit coils cost $129. Think about it. Just save up and get some ground controls or skunk 2's.
i agree to a point. They tend to be more for looks...dont expect any great degree of handling improvement. If youre going to get coilovers, @ least get a decent spring'ed sleave over setup: ie skunk2.

or if you really can afford it, a real coilover setup. JIC magic, Tanabe, and omni power all make good setups for 600+/- bucks....
Old 12-23-2004, 05:28 AM
Registered Member

I have thought about getting the SE-R/Spec-V ones but when I went to the Nissan dealership they told me if it is not made for my car, do not get them. I am just focusing on the wheel gap and the bumpiness. I can not find any other brand for my car except TEIN, and I am not trying to spend that much. I am trying to get a bike. But as far as handling, what do you mean, the way it turns and stuff? If that would stay the same with the Dropzone that is fine. But I have been looking for the past couple of months. I will search for skunks 2's now. (FumingSmoked) Do you think that they will fit my car your Teins, if so how much are you selling them for and how many miles do they already have on them?
Old 12-23-2004, 05:48 AM
Registered Member

I went searching again, I found Goldline (1.4"), Eibach (1.4"), and Gen-1 by HP (0-4). I need at least 2 inches in the front. What about those brands? I heard Gen-1 was OK.
Old 12-23-2004, 08:33 AM
Lost Cat Magnet

drifterJERRY is an unknown quantity at this point

D2's are great, imo. they have adjustable height without compressing the springs, camber plates up front, and are 37 way adjustable.

i guess it depends on if you want a true coilover, or a sleeve coilover like the goldlines or zones. $149 vs $660 is also a huge determing factor.
good luck.

Last edited by drifterJERRY; 12-23-2004 at 01:36 PM.
Old 12-23-2004, 12:43 PM
Registered Member

civic1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

yea i wouldnt put them on jus because ur car is newer..........plus id rather put on skunk 2 or ground controls. i put skinks on my bros civic and they ride nice and i bet ground controls ride good also. its better to do the good things now so it will help u in the long run
Old 12-23-2004, 06:28 PM
Registered Member

my problem is it is so hard for me to find stuff for my car because it is not a Spec-V. So the ones I already named, I should not get? Just let me know, I know you guys know more than I do.
Old 12-26-2004, 05:23 PM
DV8
AV6 Virus

DV8 has disabled reputation

I also recommend Tein like most people here. I've had it, and it's great.

Apexi WS coil overs are nice also, and they come with their own pillow mounts. But you can't adjust the damper..

Stay away from Goldline, and dropzone, or any of those ebay generic garbage. Save up your money, and get it done right the first try. You buy cheap, you buy twice

Quick Reply: Coilovers