Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

clutch's

Old 07-29-2004, 11:27 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FACE is an unknown quantity at this point
Default clutch's

when you replace your stock clutch, do you have to replace your pressure plate and flywheel? or is that just like if you want to?? i was thinking about doing that to my car but i didnt kno? do companies sell presure plates, clutch (6 puck) and flywheels all together in like a combo deal thing? how much do you think that would cost to get done if i took it somewhere? whats all involved?

thankx in advance
Old 07-29-2004, 12:22 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF
Default Re: clutch's

clutch/pressure plate are usually togeher, flywheel is usually seperate.
Old 07-29-2004, 12:59 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

you can just replace your clutch disk but if you buy a performance clutch disk without the heavier pressure plate then your performance and ability to hold the power is significantly reduced from what you thought it would be, the flywheel doesnt always have to be replaced, but it is reccomended that you resurface it, and if its real old and chewed up then yes replace it, and it depends on what kind of car you have for price, on a honda my buddy and i usually charge 250 and it will be done in 2-2.5 hours..........
Old 07-29-2004, 02:41 PM
master debater

blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout blackout

assuming you know absolutely nothing about what's involved, you have to remove and replace the transmission. the clutch plate is bolted to the flywheel, on the crank of your motor. the disk is obviously between the plate and the flywheel. if you're planning on doing it yourself, just know you'll need help getting the transmission back in- it's VERY hard by yourself, no matter how experienced you are. make sure you have an alignment tool before you start too- i don't know how many times i've been helping someone do sa clutch and they lost/forgot/didn't know about an alignment tool. i'd say the hardest part on a honda is getting out the cv axles, and that's not that hard. pretty straightforward.

if you have an extra couple hours and 35 bucks take the flywheel and get it machined, i know napa does it, not sure where else. better yet if you're going to replace your flywheel might as well do it now since you'll have the tranny out. oh yeah- buy gear oil too. that's another commonly forgotten item.
Old 07-29-2004, 06:18 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

hondas use 30wt motor oil in the trannys not gear oil(just assuming he has a honda )
Old 08-03-2004, 07:23 AM
Fucks wit it

MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick MarkiSick

hes got a 97 civic ex
Old 08-03-2004, 08:10 AM
The Pro to call.

HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic HatefulMechanic

WHAT?! someone posting a honda question in Tech forums? nooooo