Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Clutch question

Old 04-23-2008, 10:32 AM
БЛЯДЬ!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG
Default Clutch question

When I'm idling I can hear a "cricket" noise coming from the engine bay. If I press the clutch pedal in just an inch or so the noise stops. My clutch functions fine. Throwout bearing engaged?

AND...

I have a Competition stg 4 clutch (ITR tranny) and I've noticed that lately it's been "whistling" when I accelerate. It used to do it a bit before but not as loud. WTF?

Thanx

Last edited by HEISENBERG; 04-23-2008 at 10:36 AM.
Old 04-23-2008, 10:35 AM
aka SeeCoryRun

CRS22185 is a jewel in the roughCRS22185 is a jewel in the roughCRS22185 is a jewel in the roughCRS22185 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Clutch question

first one sounds like the throwout bearing. second, when was the last time you checked your fluid level?
Old 04-23-2008, 10:37 AM
БЛЯДЬ!

HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG

Originally Posted by CRS22185
first one sounds like the throwout bearing. second, when was the last time you checked your fluid level?
About 2-3 weeks ago when I changed the oil/filter.
Old 04-23-2008, 12:38 PM
Registered Member

1rude2l has disabled reputation

Some throwout bearings make that noise. The ones usually made of metal where it contacts the pressure plate will make that noise. No worry really.
Is the whistling coming from the intake? Or elsewhere or can you even tell?
Old 04-23-2008, 10:37 PM
БЛЯДЬ!

Originally Posted by 1rude2l
Is the whistling coming from the intake? Or elsewhere or can you even tell?
Sounds like the clutch. It's not constant. It's mostly when I accelerate and then at around 4K + RPM's stops. The clutch feels good though.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:16 PM
Registered Member

bLu92bUbbLe has disabled reputation

when the car is running u hear the noise...and when u hold the clutch its silent. get another tranny...not unless u can fix the bearing...that happened to me...
Old 04-24-2008, 03:05 AM
БЛЯДЬ!

Originally Posted by bLu92bUbbLe
get another tranny...not unless u can fix the bearing...
You can't be serious. You're joking right?
Another tranny because the throwout bearing? How about adjusting the clutch or getting another bearing? THAT makes more sense.
Old 04-24-2008, 05:03 AM
wharlgarbl

notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline notsogoodfeline

Originally Posted by 787
You can't be serious. You're joking right?
Another tranny because the throwout bearing? How about adjusting the clutch or getting another bearing? THAT makes more sense.

replace bearing. Hopefully that helps. been a while since my car made that noise... and since i upgraded engines i bought an entire new trans but.. on the oldie the throwout was trashy.
Old 04-24-2008, 08:35 AM
braap braap

Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod Jarrod

It could be something simple as the clutch fork needs to be greased up where the ball of the slave-cylinder hits the clutch fork.

Or it could be your throw-out bearing, which is common, making a slight noise.

I doubt it could be your main-shaft bearing like bubble92 said. You'd know if it was that noise.
Old 04-24-2008, 09:55 AM
Don't quit!

Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia Somalia

Its does sound like a throw out bearing issue. However, I also had that problem turned out that the tranny was bad so I replaced it and everything was good again. When we shook the old tranny you could hear everything rattling around inside. But when I inspected the old clutch and components they were still in good shape but I replaced the clutch& flywheel since the tranny was out.
As of last weekend my transmission nightmares are over.
But yours is proably n that serious. I got my car in a trade and I thought it was the throw out bearing because of the noises. But the tranny was fucked.

Quick Reply: Clutch question