Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Clutch issues

Old 09-04-2006, 10:46 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95CivicDx has disabled reputation
Angry Clutch issues

During the tropical storm, i hit a really deep puddle. Nothing seemed damaged, except now, my clutch shakes slightly, almost like its grinding. When its about half way to the floor. Any ideas? I was thinking clutch fluid got water in it.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:55 AM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT
Default Re: Clutch issues

thats possible, but not so likely, unless you have a leak in the seal in your slave cylinder or fluid line,but if you had a leak in the line you would have noticed it before hand, unless the water was the cause of the leak, i would definitely try and bleed the clutch, if that doesnt work, the water prolly got into the housing of the tranny and possibly washed away alot of the lubricant on the throwout shaft and now the throwout bearing is not lubricated and creating friction and resistance as well as the throwout fork pivot point and its prolly just getting hot and bothered. or maybe it got in beetween the clutch and flywheel and left some residue from that dirty ass water.drop the tranny, clean it, lube it, bleed the clutch. thats your part of your troubleshootin. hopefully it didnt get in the internals of the tranny.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:32 AM
S-T-F-U

Brycerb Brycerb
Default Re: Clutch issues

Get a new tranny and pay me to put it in.