Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Which clutch do i get?

Old 03-21-2003, 05:55 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to all
Default Which clutch do i get?

Im getting a B16A from hmotors online for my 91 CRX. I want to get an aftermarket clutch put in before it goes into my car. Which model car do i buy the clutch for?
Old 03-21-2003, 06:08 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

99 si would be one or jdm civic i woud guess...........depending on what you want to do to the car later on is what you should decide what type of clutch your getting, are you getting a street disk, or race clutch ?. and if you say STAGE 3, im gonna go crazy, hahaha.........
Old 03-21-2003, 06:15 PM
Awesome.

MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E MA-HALF-E

Originally posted by MORE IMPATIENT
if you say STAGE 3, im gonna go crazy, hahaha.........
Stage 3. But yea, get the clutch for a B16...
Old 03-21-2003, 07:57 PM
Pro

CRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to allCRXtacy is a name known to all

Cool thanks...but whats wrong with a stage 3? My friend has a stage 3 ACT in his CRX and i like the way the pedel feels. Do you think its just too much clutch? What about a Xtreme pressure plate with an organic disc?
Old 03-21-2003, 08:45 PM
DESTROYS DONUTS !!

MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT MORE IMPATIENT

nothing is wrong with a stage 3, jsut most people say OH I GOT A STAGE 3 CLUTCH and they dont know what the fuck there talking about.........like they dont know if its full face, 6 puck, 4 puck, sprung hub, or what.........
Old 03-21-2003, 09:09 PM
aznRay...

yeer is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

cant go wrong with act hdss

and a act 8lb. flywheel, which i have yet to install
Old 03-22-2003, 06:15 AM
Registered Member

kenbdSi is a jewel in the roughkenbdSi is a jewel in the roughkenbdSi is a jewel in the rough

Sprung hub is so much better for daily driving. I almost stall out at every light with my full disc.
Old 03-22-2003, 09:22 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

I've got an ACT HDSS and 9 Lb flywheel in my B16 sol. It's a great street clutch, holds like mad with nice pedal feel..
Old 03-24-2003, 07:11 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally posted by Fabrik8
I've got an ACT HDSS and 9 Lb flywheel in my B16 sol. It's a great street clutch, holds like mad with nice pedal feel..
hmmm.....i wonder who installed that????

anyway.. i have the clutchmasters aluminum flywheel and stage 3 clutch. it's quite grabby!!!! it's a segmented kevlar disk with a sprung hub and heavy duty pressure plate. takes a little getting use to!