Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Clutch for the 240

Old 02-27-2007, 08:25 AM
Got Ink?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond repute
Default Clutch for the 240

So It's about time for a new clutch, really getting tired of it slipping when i hit boost. Not sure what is in there now, Brandon (Tecnic1) wasn't positive either. Id like something that will grab fast under hard shifting, but not a total bitch to drive to work and back. Thanks for any input!
Old 02-27-2007, 08:31 AM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia
Default Re: Clutch for the 240

I have a ebay "Gripforce" Clutch. It is a 6-puck sprung clutch. It grabs pretty well. It is kind of annoying, but for some reason the peddle has very little pressure onit, so it is like driving a stock car, you just can't slip the clutch - if you do you greatly reduce the life of it.

Other then a cheap ebay clutch, I'd reccomend a Spec stage 2+ clutch, they are desiel as fuck. But if I were you I'd rather spend 150 on a clutch and the extra 270 bucks on those 300ZX TT wheels that dude man is selling on LookOut!
Old 02-27-2007, 08:48 AM
S13 Lover

RoanokeS13 has disabled reputation

From all I've heard, the Exedy Hypersingle is the way to go.
Old 02-27-2007, 08:54 AM
I Roll Fenders

WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia WishIHadaSilvia

Originally Posted by RoanokeS13
From all I've heard, the Exedy Hypersingle is the way to go.
You mean the 1200 dollar clutch...I bet that one works well.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:30 AM
Got Ink?

SlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond reputeSlowKOUKI has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by WishIHadaSilvia
You mean the 1200 dollar clutch...I bet that one works well.
Lollers. Yeah, I like the $150 idea better, and there is acctually this awsome dude named Steve who I heard wanted to trade his wheels for mine.....
Old 02-27-2007, 09:45 AM
I Roll Fenders

Originally Posted by SlowKOUKI
Lollers. Yeah, I like the $150 idea better, and there is acctually this awsome dude named Steve who I heard wanted to trade his wheels for mine.....
Haha, not quite, but I can give you the link to that guy selling his 300zx TT wheels, they have almost new tires on them and he's only asking 300...I am not 100% sure if he still has them, but if he does then you can probably pick them up for a little under that.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:50 AM
Danny@respecgarage

RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE RE-SPECGARAGE

If this is for a KA-T I have my old one for sale. $300 ACT street clutch with an extreem pressure plate. I had this on my ka-t and it never slipped. Peddal feel was a little harder than stock, but it had a great feel for a daily driver. It is rated at 450hp/tq. Let me know if you want it. It held 300hp with no problem. I bought it brand new about 6 months ago for $450 dollards.
Old 02-27-2007, 09:53 AM
I Roll Fenders

It is for his RB20.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:02 PM
Got Ink?

I gotta find out from Tecnic1 if it's an R32 transmission too, or if it's still the KA tranny.
Old 03-01-2007, 03:28 PM
ZOR - WE'RE BACK!

cole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these partscole is infamous around these parts

PMd you gay boy

Quick Reply: Clutch for the 240