Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

civic dx y7/y8 mini me swap help!!!

Old 07-21-2008, 09:14 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
88EF9 has disabled reputation
Default civic dx y7/y8 mini me swap help!!!

so i have a civic dx 89 and i wanna do the mini swap i have the engine but idk what i need to put it on or how to wire the engine so it works should i get an si wiring harness or should i just wire the dx and make it mpfi so if u guys can help me that would be great anything helps thanxs
Old 07-21-2008, 10:24 AM
S a D u B

JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW JROW
Default Re: civic dx y7/y8 mini me swap help!!!

This is gonna get ugly...
Old 07-21-2008, 10:46 AM
Fuck Bitches, Get $$

rydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud ofrydnlow1120 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by JROW
This is gonna get ugly...

Way quicker than the OP can even comprehend.

All I'm going to say is please learn how to type and put together coherent sentences. It's not that hard.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:03 AM
c'mon

Dmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to beholdDmac is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by 88EF9
so i have a civic dx 89 and i wanna do the mini swap i have the engine but idk what i need to put it on or how to wire the engine so it works should i get an si wiring harness or should i just wire the dx and make it mpfi so if u guys can help me that would be great anything helps thanxs
I think the best thing you could do is take it to someone else.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:56 AM
Racetracks

Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8 Fabrik8

Originally Posted by 88EF9
There are a ton of how-to sites out there on this exact topic. I'm not saying that we should blow you off, but there is a huge amount of knowledge in nicely organized, easy-to-read form floating around. Honda-Tech is a good place to start, and Hybrid.org is they're still around. Google "mini-me swap" and see what you can find. Then come back and ask specific questions, so we can focus our help better without taking the shotgun approach.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:38 PM
just a caliber

josh-wa has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Fabrik8
There are a ton of how-to sites out there on this exact topic. I'm not saying that we should blow you off, but there is a huge amount of knowledge in nicely organized, easy-to-read form floating around. Honda-Tech is a good place to start, and Hybrid.org is they're still around. Google "mini-me swap" and see what you can find. Then come back and ask specific questions, so we can focus our help better without taking the shotgun approach.

x1
Old 07-21-2008, 01:44 PM
Slammedxpert

SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush SortaFlush

http://fourthgenhatch.net/mpfi.html

^
Dpfi-Mpfi write up (best one imo)

Pretty good Mini me write up

http://www.jdmuniverse.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32971

Even though its a single cam, dont waste your time doing the mini me unless you get an si transmission or ZC trans and get it tuned. I had a tuned mini me, put out pretty good power for being what it was. Ran like ass un-tuned. It's pretty much like an LS VTEC, but far less power.