Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Cig Lighter Prob.

Old 06-26-2008, 05:40 PM
Formerly da_clipse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
95vadsm has disabled reputation
Default Cig Lighter Prob.

The other day I was charging my phone in my cig lighter and it cut off, and cut my radio off for about 2-3 seconds as well. Long story short, I've checked ALL of the fuses in the car. And have yet to find the test lamp to check wiring. Any suggestions on what could've happened. Radio still works fine by the way.

Cliff Notes
Vehicle: 1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse
Problem: Cig. Lighter No longer Works.
Attempted Solutions Thus Far: Checked Fuses.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:11 PM
︻╦╤─

DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk DeFunk
Default Re: Cig Lighter Prob.

Replace the lighter itself probably (the element likely cracked/split), check the positive center wire leading to the female portion of the lighter assembly. Cant remember if the Eclipse fuse does the lighter -and- radio or not, I thought it was dome light on the Eclipse with the lighter. If you dont have your tester available and dont mind replacing a fuse, take the center lead of the lighter assembly and touch it to ground (really not a recommended practice but... if you must).
Old 06-26-2008, 06:11 PM
Registered Member

1slowxr4ti has disabled reputation

there is 2 or 3 wires that connect to it. maybe one is loose or something? thats all i can think of.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:56 PM
Formerly da_clipse

Originally Posted by DeFunk
Replace the lighter itself probably (the element likely cracked/split), check the positive center wire leading to the female portion of the lighter assembly. Cant remember if the Eclipse fuse does the lighter -and- radio or not, I thought it was dome light on the Eclipse with the lighter. If you dont have your tester available and dont mind replacing a fuse, take the center lead of the lighter assembly and touch it to ground (really not a recommended practice but... if you must).

Will give that a try.

Originally Posted by 1slowxr4ti
there is 2 or 3 wires that connect to it. maybe one is loose or something? thats all i can think of.
Forgot to add that I checked to make sure they were on all the way as well.
Old 06-27-2008, 11:59 PM
БЛЯДЬ!

HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG HEISENBERG

I know what's wrong. Your avatar. It should be the other way. Change it and then check your cig lighter.
Old 06-28-2008, 12:19 AM
I <3 My DSM

SPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud ofSPAWN has much to be proud of

next time, use the thing to smoke a damn cig. not charge your celly... and 787, his avatar is 100% fine and true, bow to the DSM!!!
Old 06-28-2008, 02:45 PM
Formerly da_clipse

Originally Posted by 787
I know what's wrong. Your avatar. It should be the other way. Change it and then check your cig lighter.
EL OH EL.. This is why you never see it the other way. Honduh clearly loves teh kok in and around its mouth.

Originally Posted by SPAWN
next time, use the thing to smoke a damn cig. not charge your celly... and 787, his avatar is 100% fine and true, bow to the DSM!!!
I don't smoke. lol This guy speaks the truth.