Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Chevette question....

Old 03-16-2004, 08:41 PM
Bimmer Prick

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU
Default Chevette question....

This may be dumb but My roommate and I thought of getting an old chevette and completely ripping out everything under the hood and installing something like a b16 with tranny...ecu....and all....would this be possible....and if so would it a cool idea....we are seriously thinking about doing it....
Old 03-16-2004, 08:52 PM
Banned

ProjektHatch is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Chevette question....

Originally Posted by ClipsnStock
This may be dumb but My roommate and I thought of getting an old chevette and completely ripping out everything under the hood and installing something like a b16 with tranny...ecu....and all....would this be possible....and if so would it a cool idea....we are seriously thinking about doing it....
you could, for years and years people have stripped down chevettes and put 350's in there... for comparison reasons, that would be like putting a 2jzgte from a supra into a crx more or less.... i mean for the money it would cost you, id assume it would be better to pick up a crx shell which i believe there is one on the board for $350, and do that... that parts are readily available, minimum custom fabrication as the mounts are already made by Place and Hasport for the conversion.... if you apt to do this, make sure you measure the engine dimensions with the trans bolted up to it and everything, to make sure it clears the frame... otherwise you could turbo that b16 in a crx, and have money left over for a small paint job for the price of frame widening..... but it would definately be different
Old 03-16-2004, 09:16 PM
Patron

ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz

Why would you put a b16 into a chevette? If you are gonna do ANYTHING to a chevette put a 350 in it. Shit it'll cost less money too.
Old 03-17-2004, 10:09 AM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

arent chevettes rwd? and why in gods name would you want to put a crap motor with no power in a car that is begging for a smallblock?
Old 03-17-2004, 05:37 PM
Bimmer Prick

B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU B EMDBLU

thats why I asked you guys