Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Car will not turn over...

Old 12-24-2008, 04:57 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TurboEGferio is on a distinguished road
Default Car will not turn over...

So, I just get home from the gym and the car is still running as im just sitting in my car to get out, and then all of a sudden the car just turns off!!! I turned off my turbo timer before I left the gym. I don't even know where to begin with this, and so far I checked all the fuses and wires. They seem to be ok. Does anyone has any input about this? Or had this happen to them? Could this even be a main relay?

This is what it does: When you turn the key you get nothing. There is nothing happening when you turn the car to ACC.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:56 AM
Registered Member

eclispegs2008 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Car will not turn over...

do the basics first, check the fuses and some grounds. Did you hear anything before it stopped?
Old 12-24-2008, 01:11 PM
peaches

b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan b16EFsedan

pull off your dizzy and check it for play. i just had to get a new one after people told me "its a fuse,relay""its outta time" nope the dizzy check it. if its a honda, it the dizzy...but if not is you fuel pump priming?
Old 12-24-2008, 07:28 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

Originally Posted by TurboEGferio
So, I just get home from the gym and the car is still running as im just sitting in my car to get out, and then all of a sudden the car just turns off!!! I turned off my turbo timer before I left the gym. I don't even know where to begin with this, and so far I checked all the fuses and wires. They seem to be ok. Does anyone has any input about this? Or had this happen to them? Could this even be a main relay?

This is what it does: When you turn the key you get nothing. There is nothing happening when you turn the car to ACC.
when you turn the key to "on" does the dash light up? or does the car just not crank?
Old 12-24-2008, 07:50 PM
uhh.. what?

idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly idkmybffEM1ly

timing belt maybe?
Old 12-25-2008, 05:06 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by CHAHONDA
when you turn the key to "on" does the dash light up? or does the car just not crank?
The dash does not light up at all. Like when I used to turn the car to ACC you can here the fuel pump come on, and now it doesnt anymore. Its like the something happen in the dash or something..
Old 12-25-2008, 05:07 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by eclispegs2008
do the basics first, check the fuses and some grounds. Did you hear anything before it stopped?
The only thing that I noticed is a smell but it didnt smell like something burning or anything..
Old 12-25-2008, 08:16 AM
Registered member

.eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric. .eric.

Triple check the fuses, especially the main 50A fuse.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:44 AM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by .eric.
Triple check the fuses, especially the main 50A fuse.
Thanks bro... that was it...
Old 12-28-2008, 02:02 AM
Registered member

richie-rich88 has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by TurboEGferio

I hope you got your car running by now. If not I would first check your battery connection and if it's ok I would check the ignition switch. I found that with age the wires on the switch get hot and melt the solder were it connects to the switch. Just pull the lower wheel cover and follow the key switch and you'll see where it connects to a bunch of wires. Tug on these wires close to the switch and see if any of them are loose. While you're there use a test light and see if you get power to the switch. good luck

Quick Reply: Car will not turn over...