Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Can you over due a clutch?

Old 09-18-2006, 01:50 PM
Turbo VTEC-E

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
black6gen can only hope to improve
Cool Can you over do a clutch?

Ok im in the middle of boosting my d series and was wondering if you can over due it as far as clutch selection. I plan on puttin about 225-250 on the ground and was thinking a 6 puck might be ok. Any input will be apriciated.

Last edited by black6gen; 09-27-2006 at 10:01 AM.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:14 PM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....
Default Re: Can you over due a clutch?

IMO yes you can. I think a 6 puck might be a little much, but then again I don't own a honda so I wouldn't know. They have some great full faced discs out there that handle decent amount of power and still engage well. I have a competition clutch in my Evo. It's great.......for now.
Old 09-18-2006, 03:00 PM
_______

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____

Whatever you do if this isnt a drag only car, if your going to be driving it on the street, get a sprung disc. If you get a unsprung its either going to grip or it wont. And your either gonna stall a whole lot or break axles every week.
Old 09-19-2006, 04:53 PM

tatmonster has disabled reputation

go a little more than stock, im puttin down 265 with a stock clutch and there is no slipping, its a new one (maybe 10,000 miles) but its takin it, when it needs replaced im goin with a clutch masters stage 1, smooth, but grabs when you need it to. good luck
Old 09-19-2006, 05:23 PM
EMF Member #12

brnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond reputebrnzbuddha has a reputation beyond repute

Get a full disc, sprung. It'll be easier to drive on the street.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:11 PM
Turbo VTEC-E

black6gen can only hope to improve

What about this one.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/XTD-S...56790354QQrdZ1
Old 11-30-2006, 03:15 PM
Sumospeed #O.G.

SlowLS is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by _____
Whatever you do if this isnt a drag only car, if your going to be driving it on the street, get a sprung disc. If you get a unsprung its either going to grip or it wont. And your either gonna stall a whole lot or break axles every week.
Not true. My firend is running a 4 puck unsprung on his daily driver, whcih is boosting almost 20psi and has not broke and axle yet. And he had been running the clutch for almost 2 years now.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:47 PM
Registered member

GaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud ofGaRn has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by SlowLS
Not true. My firend is running a 4 puck unsprung on his daily driver, whcih is boosting almost 20psi and has not broke and axle yet. And he had been running the clutch for almost 2 years now.
I bet he stalled a good amount at first.. it probably takes some getting used too.

Regardless there is NO reason for a puck clutch with < 350 whp lol..
Old 11-30-2006, 04:45 PM
_______

_____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____ _____

Originally Posted by SlowLS
Chances are he doesnt have stock axles either. I see this shit everyday. Stock axles are the suxor!
Old 11-30-2006, 10:09 PM
Registered Member

Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher Muncher

exedy stage 2 clutch and a light weight flywheel and your ready to go