Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Camaro Suspension Help

Old 11-11-2003, 07:37 PM
Patron

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz ritz
Default Camaro Suspension Help

Ok I was wondering if anyone could help me out. My car has been sitting like this for a while and I'm tired of it. After my brother put on my rims and tires my car leaned toward the passenger side more, so basically I have a shitload of wheel gap on the driver's side rear and not a lot on the passenger side rear. It's not THAT noticeable, but if you pay attention you can see it and it's aggrevating. I've jacked it up and took the bottom bolts of my rear shocks off so my rearend could drop down to make sure my springs were set right (and they were). I'm not quite sure if it could be a busted shock or what any input would be greatly appreciated...thanks.

Joe
Old 11-12-2003, 04:55 AM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA

well generally i have never seen a blown shock make a car sag on one side

a bad/weak spring will cause that. i would check all of your bushings and possibly your panhard bar. been awhile since i have worked on an f-body so im just throwing out ideas. you check your sway bar end links??
Old 11-12-2003, 05:56 AM
Patron

The only things I've checked are the shocks and the springs. It was just weird cause it happened after my brother let it down off the jack (he jacked it up in the middle on the side of the car making both wheels on one side come off the ground) maybe that would help. I dunno what it could be and I really don't have a lot of knowledge on suspension shit so I might have to take it somewhere to get checked out which I really don't wanna do.

Thanks for the info. Chahonda.
Old 11-12-2003, 06:04 AM
~

nickyroo has disabled reputation

pull the spare and jack out and see if it still leans. the spare/jack sit directly over the passenger side wheel. see if that helps at all
Old 11-12-2003, 06:16 AM
A.P.E.

385LT1 is an unknown quantity at this point

are both spring cups in place? if you were missing a spring cup on the passenger side, this would cause your problem...
Old 11-12-2003, 06:35 AM
Patron

Originally posted by reuter
pull the spare and jack out and see if it still leans. the spare/jack sit directly over the passenger side wheel. see if that helps at all
Well, my jack is still in there, but my spare tire isn't cause I didn't put it back when I had a flat, it still leans.

Originally posted by 385LT1
are both spring cups in place? if you were missing a spring cup on the passenger side, this would cause your problem...
I believe we checked that when I made sure my springs were sitting correctly, it's been a while, so I might have to check again.

I just don't understand, my car sat fine until it was jacked up on one side then when it was let down, it leaned to one side.

Thanks again for all the help guys...I hope it's something simple.

EDIT: I'll try to get some pics to post later.

Last edited by ritz; 11-12-2003 at 06:38 AM.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:12 AM
A.P.E.

if you live near hampton you can bring it by the shop if you want us to take a look at it for you....

just let me know.
Old 11-12-2003, 09:22 AM
WS6
www.autocross.us

WS6 is an unknown quantity at this point

Have you driven the car since the wheels were put on?
If not, then it is going to sit like that until it moves.

Put a jack on the pass side and do the same as your brother did on the drivers side. leave it up about the same length of time he did.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:09 PM
Patron

Originally posted by 385LT1
if you live near hampton you can bring it by the shop if you want us to take a look at it for you....

just let me know.
I live in Norfolk, but I don't have a problem making that trip, I'd like to see some of your work. Only time I could make it though would be on one of my days off which won't be until next week, so I'd have to see, I appreciate it.

Originally posted by WS6
Have you driven the car since the wheels were put on?
If not, then it is going to sit like that until it moves.

Put a jack on the pass side and do the same as your brother did on the drivers side. leave it up about the same length of time he did.
I haven't tried the jack thing, but I really wish I could get the wheel gap on the driver's side to look like the passenger side, cause the driver side sits up too high. And yes I've rode on the rims for a while, they were put on probably over 4-5 months ago, removed and replace w/ the stock rims and tires, then put back on. The car sits the same w/ the stock rims and tires on it too, something happened when my brother jacked it up and I don't know what it could be cause the car wasn't like that until it was jacked up.

This is off-topic, but I met you in NN a few weeks ago and I told you I live right down the street from you on the corner of Sturgis and Alfred, just saying cause you might've seen my car around before.
Old 11-12-2003, 08:52 PM
A.P.E.

next week should be fine.

Quick Reply: Camaro Suspension Help