Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

CAI Backfire

Old 06-11-2004, 05:08 AM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
93civiccpe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CAI Backfire

Hey,
I Have a friend with a 2002 Civic SI and an 04 Civic Coupe. The SI has a cold air intake and the Coupe has a short ram intake on them. For some reason if you get on the engine hard at different rpms you hear a loud backfire from the intake. Neither car has any other mods to the engine (no nitrous or anything like that). I have heard about this problem from different friends but was wondering if anyone knows why this is happening to two stock cars which only have upgraded air intakes, and also how to fix it?
Thanks!
Old 06-11-2004, 05:15 AM
UNCE UNCE UNCE UNCE

....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ.... ....AJ....
Default Re: CAI Backfire

Originally Posted by 93civiccpe
Hey,
I Have a friend with a 2002 Civic SI and an 04 Civic Coupe. The SI has a cold air intake and the Coupe has a short ram intake on them. For some reason if you get on the engine hard at different rpms you hear a loud backfire from the intake. Neither car has any other mods to the engine (no nitrous or anything like that). I have heard about this problem from different friends but was wondering if anyone knows why this is happening to two stock cars which only have upgraded air intakes, and also how to fix it?
Thanks!

That's weird I've never heard of an intake "backfiring." What does it sound like? Usually when you talk about backfiring, you're talking about exhaust.
Old 06-11-2004, 05:06 PM
kosher jew

bseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these partsbseriesbenny is infamous around these parts

try dizzy mine is doing it to and pissing me the fuck off
Old 06-11-2004, 05:22 PM
Huntin Dropa ForLife

RPRacing has disabled reputation

haha, its not you intake. if anything, check your timing. also take the cai intake off and put the stock one one. make sure your vacuum lines are connected to something or blocked, etc