Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

C5 Vette Questions

Old 04-05-2008, 11:48 AM
Registered member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1aznTT 1aznTT 1aznTT
Default C5 Vette Questions

1. Is there an easy way to make the C6 Stock navigation/Deck fit in the C5...if so how much does it cost [approx, the deck and the installation/custom fit]?
-Have almost given up on this.
2. How easy would it be to convert the front end (headlights and front clip to the C6 slick front end?

Thanks!
<3 Jamie
Old 04-05-2008, 11:50 AM
Registered member

RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask RandomTask
Default Re: C5 Vette Questions

You know those are two of the big reasons I'm getting a C6 over C5. Have you tried Corvetteforum.com ?
Old 04-05-2008, 12:06 PM
What's next?

NVR KNO NVR KNO NVR KNO NVR KNO NVR KNO NVR KNO NVR KNO NVR KNO NVR KNO NVR KNO NVR KNO

To do those two conversions, you would probably be better to just buy a C6.... Cheaper in the long run to just buy the equipment.... Factory installed.
Old 04-05-2008, 02:10 PM
Registered member

1aznTT 1aznTT 1aznTT

This is what i'm worried about.
I just found a C5 in GREAT condition low miles for 16k

I got lucky...and i'm going to work on it is all
I was just hoping perhaps there was an easy way to just take the lights off a wrecked c6 or grab them from the factory, then install them? No?

I will try Corvetteforum.com, thanks
Old 04-06-2008, 06:24 PM
loved by all

ForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these partsForcedFedTeg is infamous around these parts

anything is possible with the radio situation, i do know that the C6 navigation is alot more complicated the the C5. I do believe that the radio in the C6 is linked to the cars PCM. the factory radio in the C5 is din and a half and the C6 is double din +sum. cutting the factory bezzel in the C5 and fiberglassing it to look good wouldnt be a big deal to any shop that knows what they are doing. It would be alot cheaper and a hell of alot easier to go with an aftermarket nav unit. if so id sugest going with a kenwood DNX--7100. ive installed them in both the C5 and C6 vetts and dozens of other cars and they are by far one of the best units on the market and fairly cheap too.
Old 04-06-2008, 09:03 PM
Registered member

1aznTT 1aznTT 1aznTT

Originally Posted by ForcedFedTeg
anything is possible with the radio situation, i do know that the C6 navigation is alot more complicated the the C5. I do believe that the radio in the C6 is linked to the cars PCM. the factory radio in the C5 is din and a half and the C6 is double din +sum. cutting the factory bezzel in the C5 and fiberglassing it to look good wouldnt be a big deal to any shop that knows what they are doing. It would be alot cheaper and a hell of alot easier to go with an aftermarket nav unit. if so id sugest going with a kenwood DNX--7100. ive installed them in both the C5 and C6 vetts and dozens of other cars and they are by far one of the best units on the market and fairly cheap too.
Thanks a lot!