Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

A/C woes

Old 07-11-2006, 10:37 PM
i see you! ಠ_ಠ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta
Default A/C woes

ah i cant stand it anymore. i need to get my AC fixed...

its on a 93 civic, when i purchased the car from nutsack (good seller btw) he informed me that the AC doesnt work (only when its cool outside). i really didnt think i'd need it but now i do. especially when it rains, and its humid and hot, and my windows start to steam up.

I have no idea where to begin cuz i dont know anything about AC systems... should i just replace everything in the system? because my AC only works when its cool outside for some reason. When its hot, the belt doesn't turn or anything.

About how much am i looking for to replace everything? and what parts do i need? And i researched a little about converting to R-134a? Am i correct? Thanks for reading.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:47 PM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Nigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: A/C woes

i have an a/c compressor and condenser for you..came out of a 94 integra..it worked perfect before i took it off for turbo...75$ obo
Old 07-12-2006, 06:43 AM
I'm worse drugged

esohsee has disabled reputation

it sounds like the condenser... but i'm not so sure
i got a/c stuff out of a 98 civic.
Old 07-12-2006, 08:35 AM
i see you! ಠ_ಠ

spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta spidsta

so just replacing the condenser should do the trick?
Old 07-12-2006, 08:50 AM
Banned

DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point

IF the belt doesn't move, compressor may be seizing up when it gets hot? Converting to R-134 would be a good idea, becuase R-12 is helluva expesive and is rare nowadays. It's always good to replace the orifice tube, condenser, reciever/drier, and you may need a compressor. Take it to a shop and get a A/c check so your not just guessing on shit here.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:02 AM
GLHF

WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo WutupYo

um i'd try to recharge it first, and go from there... recharging it would be the cheapest way to try and fix it, and it will take less than 20 minutes
Old 07-12-2006, 10:27 AM
HOORAY BEER!!

cantseemyfeet has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by WutupYo
um i'd try to recharge it first, and go from there... recharging it would be the cheapest way to try and fix it, and it will take less than 20 minutes
+1 That could be why the compressor won't kick on either. Most have a pressure switch inside to ingage the belt clutch when the pressure drops. If its too low it won't come on at all. Also, get the recharge kit with a dye so you can check for leaks. Or if all else fails, make a cup shape with your hand and stick it out the window and bring in the air