Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Building Bottom End

Old 06-20-2006, 03:12 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
zimzorga is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Building Bottom End

Ok. I have a D15B7 bare block. I intend on running around 250hp with a T3 turbo. I am set on some Eagle H rods, but am clueless as to what kind of pistons I should use. I am assuming at least something forged, but I am not sure I want to go low compression or stock compression. And I have also heard about some nice piston rings that interlock, or something of that sort, just dont know what they are called. Any info on pistons and rings would be appreciated.

*edit*
Also, what rev's should I be looking at going to. The rods should make my car rev past the stock limiter, and since my car is chipped I can go to 8.2k as of right now. I have only taken it to 6.8 because of my current motor, but I am lost on what my motor will be able to do. What parts are needed to make my motor rev higher.

I have decided to keep stock compression, but I also need to know if a D16 bottom end will fit on a D15 head. If this is the case, then building a bottom end will be alot easier.

Last edited by zimzorga; 06-21-2006 at 08:03 PM.
Old 06-20-2006, 03:38 PM
Registered Member

DumpedDA has disabled reputation
Default Re: Building Bottom End

i would go with a set of 9.0 srp pistons. if youve got the cash do dish out. i beleive they run like $550 new with rings pins and locks. http://www.slowboyracing.com/more.ph...117acf84f617ce
Old 06-20-2006, 06:51 PM
Banned

SAVAGE has disabled reputation

I would recomend ARIAS 9.1 pistons, there around 490.00 with rings and pins. PM sent
Old 06-20-2006, 06:55 PM
Banned

SAVAGE has disabled reputation

I would recomend ARIAS 9.1 pistons, there around 490.00 with rings and pins.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:03 PM
Banned

zimzorga is an unknown quantity at this point

bump for added questions
Old 06-21-2006, 08:17 PM
Registered member

Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT Jason300zxTT

keep the revs to fairly stock because the fact your head is not built. You need valve springs and retainers and when you do the bottom make sure its balanced and with that combo 8200 should be no problem.
Old 06-21-2006, 08:19 PM
Bowtie Bound?? ;)

Nigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the roughNigerian Hair is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by zimzorga
Ok. I have a D15B7 bare block. I intend on running around 250hp with a T3 turbo. I am set on some Eagle H rods, but am clueless as to what kind of pistons I should use. I am assuming at least something forged, but I am not sure I want to go low compression or stock compression. And I have also heard about some nice piston rings that interlock, or something of that sort, just dont know what they are called. Any info on pistons and rings would be appreciated.

*edit*
Also, what rev's should I be looking at going to. The rods should make my car rev past the stock limiter, and since my car is chipped I can go to 8.2k as of right now. I have only taken it to 6.8 because of my current motor, but I am lost on what my motor will be able to do. What parts are needed to make my motor rev higher.

I have decided to keep stock compression, but I also need to know if a D16 bottom end will fit on a D15 head. If this is the case, then building a bottom end will be alot easier.

well if you are trying to make 250..its very easy and do able. you are gonna get eagle H beam rods,so thats good. For pistons,you can choose wiseco,arias,etc. As long as they are forged,a reputable companyand the compression on them are the desired compression you want. Also make sure they have good valve reliefs.

You will also need rod bolts,head studs,and a new head gasket. Other than that..a good Bore(std bore),hot tank,and hone will make the block pretty sturdy for 250whp. i would go with 9:1 compression for the pistons. and if you need a caculation on what your Static compression should be...go to www.c-speedracing.com to check their caculator.

How far do you want to rev to? because even though the rods will let you rev to 8..that doesnt mean you will make power till that rpm..are you gonna be running a D16z6 or Y8 head?? if so, you will probably want to get the head ported so it flows better..and if you want to raise the compression a tad..you can get the head milled down. but other than that...i believe z6 and y8 heads redline at 7200 rpm..i wouldnt go any higher than that. Just because the turbo can pull till redline,doesnt mean your motor can.

The only problem i see...is you are trying to make 250whp on a T3 turbo..that might be a hard task..as you will be setting your psi at a VERY high number,to meet that goal...i would go with something a little bigger..maybe a Base T3/T04e w/ a 50 or 57 trim, 48/63.

just my opinion though..good luck.