Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Buddy club spec 3 cams???????

Old 01-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jdmintegra is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Buddy club spec 3 cams???????

whats up.. just wanted to see what everyones opioin was on thease cams...i have a 98 spec itr motor and tranny in my teg and recently just rebuilt it all within stock specs just did mild port and polish and port matched everything with a tri y header with 2.5 exhaust with cat and resonater and apexi n1 turbo muffler.. i was using stock ecu and i purchased a phearable chipped ecu and the car came to life keep in mind i was using the 98 spec itr cams..so i wanted to upgrade and sold the itr's and got some buddy clubs spec 3's i put them in adjusted the vavles and went for a test drive right off the bat i wasent very happy and i didnt feel the vtec crossover but pretty much figured it out it was due to the larger primaries..but buy the seat of my pants it feels like it lost power..pulls alot better low and mid im also using stock cam gears.soon to upgrade because i was told that advancing the intake 2 degrees wakes the car up so we will see..im sure it needs some dyno time also...i was wanting that break your tires loose when vtec hits power like the itr cams did..maybe i hyped myself up for something i didnt get..haha i dont know seems like itr's ran better but maybe the power low and mid make up the diffrence on top end..i dunno yall gimme your input,setups,trails or what have you...thanks
Old 02-09-2009, 06:00 PM
Registered member

91LSDA9 has disabled reputation
Default Re: Buddy club spec 3 cams???????

whats your car look like...i didn't know we had itrs runnin around in louisa...i drive the burgandy da with the white fender
Old 02-09-2009, 06:05 PM
RIP DRAGVA-2016

NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch NasTHatch

go get it tuned and it will feel good
Old 02-09-2009, 07:09 PM
i <3 haters..xoxo

frk_concepts has disabled reputation

uh..

tune!
Old 02-09-2009, 07:18 PM
ohh yea

integrab17 has disabled reputation

tune that badboy
Old 02-09-2009, 10:09 PM
Registered Member

phathick has disabled reputation

Got to tune it, I have those in my 91 SI hatch with a SIR swap and 370CC RCs. My Vtec is 5900 due to the primary power range. I love them. Vtec crossover is insame, with a Blox maniflod and Blox 76MM TB. had to buil my head, All supertech. I am running the spec 4 in my built LS Vtec.