Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

BRAKE PROBLEMS 90 EF!!!!!

Old 04-11-2011, 06:41 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlaVa has disabled reputation
Default BRAKE PROBLEMS 90 EF!!!!!

hey,so i brought my car to tread quarters and got my front wheel bearings replace. Now i have a bad squeaking sound on the passenger side. I bought slider pin grease from advanced auto and it didn't solve the problem. So i bought brand new pads and rotors and this spray called brake disc quiet to spray on the back of the pads and i still have this noise on the passenger side sounds like a bird chirping and goes away while i brake.only thing i didnt do is bleed the brakes could this be my problem all along?
Old 04-11-2011, 06:48 PM
OMG AHH

jdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud ofjdm_ef9 has much to be proud of
Default Re: BRAKE PROBLEMS 90 EF!!!!!

not trying to be a dick, but if the sound wasn't there when you took it to them and you picked it up with the noise... why the EF wouldn't you go right back and tell them to make it right? Just sayin.

As far as brake noise goes, check for loose or dragging brake hardware and/or backing plate issues.
Old 04-11-2011, 07:03 PM
Registered member

Tim-Tim can only hope to improve

disc brake quiet is shit. never buy it again. put anti seize anywhere the brake pads come in contact with metal besides the pad to rotor. that should fix the problem......and why didnt you take it back like jdm_ef9 said. figured that would be a no brainer.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:54 AM
Registered Member

I did take it back they said they can't find find anything wrong.fuck that place.anyways bleeding my brakes won't fix this?
Old 04-12-2011, 04:30 AM
TAINT PUNCHER!

Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby

Ok so after reading what you said: The squeaking sound is constant until you brake then its no longer there? If so thats not your brakes, sounds like either they sold you a faulty bearing or didn't grease it right. If you have enough knowledge you can tear the pass side down and check, or if there is a grease fitting you can try greasing it using a grease gun, just make sure you know what your doing before you do it.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:34 AM
WEEEEEEEEEEE

TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT TATTRAT

I got 90 EFin problems, but a brake aint one of em.

Last edited by TATTRAT; 04-12-2011 at 04:37 AM.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:37 AM
TAINT PUNCHER!

Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby Slooby

Originally Posted by TATTRAT
I got 90 EFin problems, but a brake aint on of em.
Must spread the RAPEZ.......
Old 04-12-2011, 05:11 AM
Registered Member

yea when I hit the brake something rattles like the caliper is rubbing the rotor I can feel it through the floor and steering wheel.i do also have the same exact noise from the front passenger side as a bad bearing I bought the bearings to tread quarters my self got the from bap geon there timeken bearings
Old 04-12-2011, 05:14 AM
Registered Member

I notice on both driver and passenger side brand new pads the metal plate on the outside pads both came off but I still have them in there..this souldnt be my problem cause it's only the passenger side..
Old 04-12-2011, 01:56 PM
Registered Member

i sprayed the rotors with brake cleaner and it didnt nothing at all still squeaks..plz give me some more info or a shop to fix this im from newport news thanks

Quick Reply: BRAKE PROBLEMS 90 EF!!!!!