Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

brake pad/rotor recommendations

Old 06-02-2004, 03:34 PM
squeegee my fiji

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
†Specter† †Specter† †Specter†
Question brake pad/rotor recommendations

before i go off to UNCG in august, im gonna do a whole checklist, so to say, of service stuff to my car so that i dont run into an maintainence probs while im down there.

at the top of the list are the brakes. which brake pads and rotor would u recommend i order? preferably low dust, but also good gripping power. i heard that slotted rotors are better than Xdrilled b/c the drilled ones provide less of a surface for the caliper to grab onto...is this a myth or fact? btw, my car has 37,3xx miles.

btw, any other suggestions on work i should add are welcome!
thanks
-carson
Old 06-02-2004, 04:53 PM
Die reinste Bösen.

gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear gear
Default Re: brake pad/rotor recommendations

...son i work at big als muffler and brakes and you didnt ask me ?? haha... you dont need anything but your stock rotors. We carry VGX pads...which are low dust, quiet, and bite real nicely. Your rotors should be fine unless you have a pedal pulsation. bring your shit by... well get her ready for your fall away. the full 9 yards, and ill make sure you get a good price.

regarding your rotor questions. Many Many places have said that drilled rotors are junk because of the drilling process, it makes the rotors crack easier. unless the rotors have holes from the forging process they are pretty much junk. Slotted are only necissary in constant hot situations such as Track racing. For everyday use, i would recommend a high quality blank rotor such as Brembo... sturdy performance for a good price. good luck carson...remember ive always gotcha if you need something, anything.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:30 PM
squeegee my fiji

†Specter† †Specter† †Specter†

Originally Posted by gear
...son i work at big als muffler and brakes and you didnt ask me ?? haha... you dont need anything but your stock rotors. We carry VGX pads...which are low dust, quiet, and bite real nicely. Your rotors should be fine unless you have a pedal pulsation. bring your shit by... well get her ready for your fall away. the full 9 yards, and ill make sure you get a good price.

regarding your rotor questions. Many Many places have said that drilled rotors are junk because of the drilling process, it makes the rotors crack easier. unless the rotors have holes from the forging process they are pretty much junk. Slotted are only necissary in constant hot situations such as Track racing. For everyday use, i would recommend a high quality blank rotor such as Brembo... sturdy performance for a good price. good luck carson...remember ive always gotcha if you need something, anything.

np. thanks brad. btw. will we be able to get my car up on the lift, with it being lowered?? i may have all the flushes, (engine, radiator, and fuel filter replacement) done at my work, but the brakes i'll leave up to yall!
Old 06-03-2004, 10:52 PM
Banned

Hayashi is an unknown quantity at this point

Brembo Slotted.