Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Boostfed built Forced Induction Motor but NA??? WTF?

Old 10-28-2004, 07:40 PM
Kimchee Wiggler

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed
Default Boostfed built Forced Induction Motor but NA??? WTF?

I built a motor for a customer/friend of mine http://www.boostfed.net. He purchased my old ported and polished cylinder head that Seth from Abacus Racing did http://www.abacusracing.com , .5mm oversized intake Ferrea valves and 1mm over Ferrea exhaust valves, Crower springs and retainers(customer had), ACL bearings, Eagle rods, block is a Bensons 84mm bored GSR block 84mm CP pistons in this motor with the head milled we calculated 9.7:1 CR. Stock GSR cams, JG/Edelbrock intake manifold, Ericks Racing 68mm TB, stock ass GSR exhaust manifold through a 2 1/4 exhaust Magnaflow muffler, crimp bent exhaust!!! This is a turbo motor build of course BUT my buddy wanted it tuned all motor until he puts his turbo kit on this winter. He made 179.7whp and 125.6 ft-lb torque Not bad for a low compression turbo motor with stock GSR cams and stock header!!!! Tuned with Electromotive TEC-2 stock injectors. Will post dynos when I get them. What do you think?
I will let the owner post up more details, he is such a post whore anyways!!!
Old 10-28-2004, 09:03 PM
Board Redhead

stylngle2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Boostfed built Forced Induction Motor but NA??? WTF?

thats pretty impressive terry! my guess is the headwork really paid off, and that the stock header and crush bent exhaust isnt actually that much of a restriction, but who knows...should be good enough for 14s in a lightweight car i think
Old 10-28-2004, 09:05 PM
Kimchee Wiggler

Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed Boostfed

Originally Posted by stylngle2003
thats pretty impressive terry! my guess is the headwork really paid off, and that the stock header and crush bent exhaust isnt actually that much of a restriction, but who knows...should be good enough for 14s in a lightweight car i think
No the header and crush bent exhaust is a BIG RESTRICTION! If he were to put a good header on there and run just some Integra Type R cams Shad advised him he could easily make 200whp!!!! Also to a great tuner Shad!!!!! He tuned this guys Electromotive Tech II
Old 10-29-2004, 06:46 AM
Board Redhead

stylngle2003 is an unknown quantity at this point

wow! i think he could at least pick up a used header and exhuast system off the classifieds here, and then he'd really start to make some good power

good stuff man
Old 10-30-2004, 11:02 PM
Registered Member

Post Whore has disabled reputation

All thanks to you Terry!Thanks for the help with build and of course the purchase of parts.I also would like to thank Shad at Abacus!Great tuner fo sho.Ya he said a header and type-r cams will easily give me 200 to the wheels...And to think this is a turbo setup!!!Shit cant what to put the T67 on..Comin for you Terry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!?
Old 10-31-2004, 03:47 AM
Registered Member

"SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam "SI"ngle Cam

Originally Posted by stylngle2003
179hp in a full interior hatch will put you mid 13's
Old 10-31-2004, 05:04 PM
Registered Member

Post Whore has disabled reputation

13's