Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

BOOST or MAF CUT/WALL on sr20det

Old 05-24-2005, 02:28 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick
Default BOOST or MAF CUT/WALL on sr20det

I have been having this problem since last week

Car runs excellent 99% of the time. But when I really get into it at the higher revs. Then all of the sudden boost will completely cut out to zero. I hit a wall. Boost drops to zero and the car hardly revs. It does not die though. If I take my foot off the gas for just a second, it will start working again just fine. If I leave my foot on the gas it just sits there at 0 psi with no increase. If I turn down the boost to 7psi it still does it but will wait till higher RPM's. I changed the wastegates and same thing. It also does not do it on the first couple hard pulls and it never does it in first gear.

I'm completly lost on this one - HELP!!!
Old 05-25-2005, 06:20 PM
Registered Member

Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick Wickedy Wick
Default Re: BOOST or MAF CUT/WALL on sr20det

anyone
Old 05-25-2005, 07:08 PM
#XV

El Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to beholdEl Negro is a splendid one to behold

Check your piping and all your couplings. I just had that problem and the one of my couplings had split and was venting at high boost.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:31 PM
JAY SPEC

00civichatch 00civichatch

nevermind. i cant read.
Old 05-25-2005, 07:31 PM
Bitches get Stitches

sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike sk8rmike

Yeah, sounds like you have a coupler that is letting go at high boost under a lot of pressure and resealing when the load is taken off of it. Retighten/readjust all your intercooler piping couplers. I had that problem as well on my GSX. Also check that none are split like Tim recommended.
Old 05-27-2005, 11:23 AM
Registered Member

found it,

Lesson learned: never take out the spring in the oem intake tube, it collapses. i replaced it using aluminum piping and everything is 100% again. Thanks for the info