Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Boost Genious I need your help ...

Old 02-09-2004, 06:23 PM
Minus Whale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devin is on a distinguished road
Default Boost Genious I need your help ...

I have a fucking headache of a problem ..For 2 days now I cant pull anymore than 15-hg on my boost gauge. I have a vaccum leak somewhere and no idea. Ive triple checked and tightened every hose coupling. I can make maybe 1 lbs of boost but thats it. Bov wont go off nothing. Any ideas would be helpful. If you want IM ME @ VTECCRX22 thanks alot
Old 02-09-2004, 06:30 PM
Wii
Retired OG

Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii Wii
Default Re: Boost Genious I need your help ...

Have you check yor IC piping?
Old 02-09-2004, 06:40 PM
Minus Whale

Originally Posted by Insperation
Have you check yor IC piping?
Oh yes lol ..Many a times
Old 02-09-2004, 06:50 PM

99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute99blackcivicsi has a reputation beyond repute

have you checked every single vacuume line on the car? the ones going to the passenger compartment? off the wastegate? off the BOV? do yo have a leak in your mani? it normally isn't the connections on the vacuume lines that go bad it is the line itself from getting brake kleen or radiator fluid or brake fluid on them and they corrod.
Old 02-09-2004, 06:55 PM
Ghost

MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF MerF

How does the car run? When it's revving up does it start to choke and sputter? If you are using MAF and you have a boost leak, the car will drown itself in fuel. Otherwise your turbo itself may not be spooling correctly (WG stuck open diverting all the exhaust around it, bearings siezed, turbo built wrong and the damn thing could be turning the wrong way...I have heard of this happening before).
Old 02-09-2004, 06:55 PM
Minus Whale

Originally Posted by 99blackcivicsi
have you checked every single vacuume line on the car? the ones going to the passenger compartment? off the wastegate? off the BOV? do yo have a leak in your mani? it normally isn't the connections on the vacuume lines that go bad it is the line itself from getting brake kleen or radiator fluid or brake fluid on them and they corrod.

Yeah man all lines are brand new ...I swear to god I hope theres no crack in my manifold. Or maybe near the flapper valve ? Its internal wg. But that wouldnt have anything to do with the cars vaccum at idle would it ?
Old 02-09-2004, 06:57 PM
Minus Whale

Originally Posted by MerF
How does the car run? When it's revving up does it start to choke and sputter? If you are using MAF and you have a boost leak, the car will drown itself in fuel. Otherwise your turbo itself may not be spooling correctly (WG stuck open diverting all the exhaust around it, bearings siezed, turbo built wrong and the damn thing could be turning the wrong way...I have heard of this happening before).
Car wont boost more than like 1 lbs ...Im using a missing link yea ...Idles fine ...Its a greddy tdo4 ...So it doesnt make much boost if any ..runs like a charge pipe is off ...idles fine ...nothing else I could think of to explain.
Old 02-09-2004, 07:01 PM
Minus Whale

I bought this turbo from TEAM HYBIRD of here and he said it only has around 3k(has no shat play) and it ran PERFECT on his car before hand.
Old 02-09-2004, 07:02 PM
Ghost

Take the intake off the compressor and see if the turbo is actually spooling when someone revs it....after that, I haven't a clue besides a leak.

I would really re-check your WG config. Probably your best bet.
Old 02-09-2004, 07:03 PM
Ghost

Originally Posted by Devin
I bought this turbo from TEAM HYBIRD of here and he said it only has around 3k(has no shat play) and it ran PERFECT on his car before hand.
So what DID you do to it since you bought it?

Quick Reply: Boost Genious I need your help ...