Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

boost ?

Old 05-22-2004, 11:34 AM
PandaMania

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these parts
Default boost ?

well when my car is off the boost gauge sits about 1-2 psi in vacum. does this mean when i boost the that i need to add 2 psi to what i am seeing and does anyones gauge ever get stuck at first turn on then the first time it hits boost5 staqrt working fine?

oh its autometer if that helps
Old 05-22-2004, 12:08 PM
corona connessuer

CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA CHAHONDA
Default Re: boost ?

Originally Posted by BigHead Ted
well when my car is off the boost gauge sits about 1-2 psi in vacum. does this mean when i boost the that i need to add 2 psi to what i am seeing and does anyones gauge ever get stuck at first turn on then the first time it hits boost5 staqrt working fine?

oh its autometer if that helps
well to start off with if you engine is only producing 1-2 inches of vacuum then you have a problem. either the engine is worn out or you have a vacuum leak somewhere. while at idle your motor should have around 15 inches of vacuum.
check for any leaks. are you having a problem achieving boost?? i really need to know more to be of any help.
check the lines going to the boost gauge
Old 05-22-2004, 12:16 PM
we PARTYIN!

1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute1ns0mniac has a reputation beyond repute

sometimes my greddy boost guage needle gets stuck in vacuum. so i get on it to like 5psi to get it to start working again. i dont know if that helps.
Old 05-22-2004, 12:18 PM
PandaMania

BigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these partsBigHead Ted is infamous around these parts

my bad i meant when the car is off the gauge does go back to 0. i sit at about -28 in vaccum.
Old 05-22-2004, 12:18 PM
the baddest assed

MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE

he didnt say inches he said psi. and if the gauge actually reads psi vaccum instead of inches of mercury vaccum then it should read about 10psi vaccum.

now i'm thinking that this is just all wrong and what actually happened is he has the pressure line hooked in front of the throttlebody and not behind it like it should be.
in which case it would only read boost and not vaccum at all.. but would not affect the max boost reading as that is your question.
Old 05-22-2004, 12:20 PM
PandaMania

it is a standard silver faced autometer gauge.
Old 05-22-2004, 12:21 PM
the baddest assed

MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE MIGHTYMOUSE

geez nevermind.. your first post and your clarification are two completely different sets of data.. if you are sure your second findings are legitimate then you are pulling an ass load of vaccum for some reason.. but different cars make different amounts. normal stock vaccum is about 22INCHES OF MERCURY.
Old 05-22-2004, 01:02 PM
I am the way.

Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula Gaius Caligula

Pretty sure Ted means...

Car is OFF, the boost guage does not sit at zero, but is at 1-2Hg(no vacuum, remember, car is off) Like the gauge is messed up.

My car(we have the same car) sat at 1-2psi when the car was off, and 22Hg at idle, but never got stuck. My gauge was on perfect even though it looked off at idle.

Last edited by Gaius Caligula; 05-22-2004 at 01:05 PM.