Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Boost + 290 injectors + h22a4=????

Old 07-14-2006, 05:09 PM
Im in CA Now!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TheBigShot is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Boost + 290 injectors + h22a4=????

okay. Ive been getting mixed info on boostin my lude. I want to put the turbo shit on before it gets overhauled in OCT. I want to make sure everything works, no leaks ect. I dont want to buy after maket fuel injectors right now because im saven for some 750cc. so im planning on boosting with stock fuel injectors. Im only planning on running 3.92 of boost on a t3/t4oe. people say ill max them out, some dont. so what the deal. im pretty damn sure if my timming is on point (1 degree for 1psi), should be ok. im usen crome pro for tunning. i could also run more fuel pressure to make sure. what you guys say? I think im good. but i never messed with stock injectors all that much on my cars.
Old 07-14-2006, 05:39 PM
Doin' (today) stuff

DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS DoC-JoneS
Default Re: Boost + 290 injectors + h22a4=????

you may or may not max them out. what's feeding them? if you've got a good fuel pump that may be a different scenario. when you say 3.92 are you talking Psi or Kpa? the thing you're going to have to worry about most is the block holding up. 750 should be more than enough, but i think some 550's with proper fuel management should be fine under 11psi. any more than that and kiss your ring lands goodbye.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:22 PM
Im in CA Now!!

Originally Posted by DoC-JoneS
you may or may not max them out. what's feeding them? if you've got a good fuel pump that may be a different scenario. when you say 3.92 are you talking Psi or Kpa? the thing you're going to have to worry about most is the block holding up. 750 should be more than enough, but i think some 550's with proper fuel management should be fine under 11psi. any more than that and kiss your ring lands goodbye.
no no no no. im talking about usen stock injctors for 3.92 PSI. yes..PSI. I have walbro 225 with str fuel rail an bm regulator. i just want to know if those stock 290 be ok.

those 750cc would be fine for 14psi.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:31 PM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

What I would be worried about is them going static and not having enough pump to handle it and it leaning out. Is it worth popping the motor over $250 worth of injectors? Just wait til you get the bigger ones.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:35 PM
Im in CA Now!!

Originally Posted by Grease Monkey
What I would be worried about is them going static and not having enough pump to handle it and it leaning out. Is it worth popping the motor over $250 worth of injectors? Just wait til you get the bigger ones.
what u mean? i ran direct port nitrous system just fine. fuel system is pretty good. also got a new fuel filter.

3psi isnt really shit. You dont think tuned with crome pro an timming on point will blow the motor for 45 days?
Old 07-14-2006, 06:36 PM
Registered member

Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey Grease Monkey

If you already know your answer then why ask? Was the direct port by any chance a WET setup?
Old 07-14-2006, 06:37 PM
Im in CA Now!!

Originally Posted by Grease Monkey
If you already know your answer then why ask? Was the direct port by any chance a WET setup?
just trying to get some "on hand exsperiance" with stock injectors.

yeah, it was wet kit.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:39 PM
Registered member

Yes it was.. meaning it injected it's own fuel thereby not relying on the OE injectors themselves. Will it work.. yes. Does it leave any margin of error should something happen. no.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:41 PM
Banned

DOHC crx VTEC is an unknown quantity at this point

3 P.s.i seems kinda pointless? I say just wait.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:42 PM
Im in CA Now!!

Originally Posted by DOHC crx VTEC
3 P.s.i seems kinda pointless? I say just wait.
pointless? how? im not trying to make power right now. shit. i wouldnt care it kept stock whp. i just need to make sure everything works no leaks ect.