Notices
Tech Talk Anything technically related to your vehicle should be posted here. If you're looking to have work done, try one of the Regional Forums.

Block-off plates on Rotaries

Old 06-09-2005, 12:16 PM
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva
Default Block-off plates on Rotaries

I was curious into where I can find block-off plates to the lower intake manifold where all those valves are (excuse my lack of knowledge on the vacuum/emissions system). If I do block them off, what do I need to do to ensure the reliability of the car? In other words, if I do remove the valves/hoses, what will it do to my car?

This is what I'm talking about:
Old 06-09-2005, 12:59 PM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

Lawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these parts
Default Re: Block-off plates on Rotaries

Mazdatrix, try there.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:31 PM
Registered member

slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx

Originally Posted by Qwiksillva
I was curious into where I can find block-off plates to the lower intake manifold where all those valves are (excuse my lack of knowledge on the vacuum/emissions system). If I do block them off, what do I need to do to ensure the reliability of the car? In other words, if I do remove the valves/hoses, what will it do to my car?

This is what I'm talking about:

My first thought would be to sell it, or start with a car that is reliable from the get go.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:35 PM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

Lawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these partsLawlercaust is infamous around these parts

Hes talking about will the capping off of that vaccuum affect the idle quality, fuel mixture, or anything else that may make the car less desirable.

Get the negative rotary talk out of here, I'm growing really tired of that shit.
Old 06-12-2005, 05:53 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by P-Money
Get the negative rotary talk out of here, I'm growing really tired of that shit.
Starting that argument in a thread created by the kid with the least reliable car in the state is not a smart move, p$.
Old 06-12-2005, 07:44 PM
Am I kawaii? Uguu~

I don't defend people, just my car of choice. It happened to come with a rotary in it, so I defend those as well.

If it blows up and I put a 2.3t in it like I'm thinking, I'll defend those more than I already do.

Clear enough?
Old 06-13-2005, 12:48 PM
Registered Member

Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva Qwiksillva

Rotaries can be quite an unreliable engine. I hate them, but love them altogether.

To me it provides a unique challenge that most everyone else would give up on. So for those that don't play with rotaries, shut up and let the people that do so do as they please.

I don't expect anyone to defend my point of view... that's just how I see it.
And if no one even thinks positive of the work I'm putting into the car, then I could really care less, because I wake up everyday excited to work on the car that gives me a headache. It may seem absolutely stupid to some, but it is what I enjoy. I do what makes myself happy, and in the end that's all that matters.
Old 06-13-2005, 02:44 PM
Registered member

slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx slowrx

Originally Posted by Qwiksillva
Rotaries can be quite an unreliable engine. I hate them, but love them altogether.

To me it provides a unique challenge that most everyone else would give up on. So for those that don't play with rotaries, shut up and let the people that do so do as they please.

I don't expect anyone to defend my point of view... that's just how I see it.
And if no one even thinks positive of the work I'm putting into the car, then I could really care less, because I wake up everyday excited to work on the car that gives me a headache. It may seem absolutely stupid to some, but it is what I enjoy. I do what makes myself happy, and in the end that's all that matters.

...Everyday is a long time. I hope you look forward to waking up to work on it forever.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:17 PM
Registered Member

Haha. Oh well, an Rx-7 requires you to pay attention all the time and literally do something to it everyday. What's new? I'm used to it by now.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:31 PM
i got 5 on it

themacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these partsthemacuser.org is infamous around these parts

Originally Posted by P-Money
2.3t
Details.

Now.

Quick Reply: Block-off plates on Rotaries